Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Boomers 2015 - Welcome!

Doglover that's a bargain for a holiday meal at a restaurant here - or anytime for that matter!  Go and enjoy! I would do that in a heartbeat but not up to me.

Not much new though madam secretary and Good Wife were. I turned off CSI Cyber. Just getting more gross by the week and tha acting and writing is weak IMO.  Wish it had something good against it, but no. I would watch HMM but still isn't on our tier, probably won't ever be.

Respected Contributor

Desi, there are a lot of other places that have the holiday buffets for $15.99 but no prime rib which they both like so, we go to this one for $2 more, beverage isn't included. I will say the food is excellent at this place and a lot to pick from. I love the bowl of fresh fruit on the salad bar. They serve the fresh rolls and soup but everything else is on buffet tables and the meats are carved as you want them.

Of course they both love the huge dessert table, any kind of pie and cakes you can imagine as well as Christmas cookies. I am too full to have dessert but the owner always gives anyone there near closing a big box of assorted desserts to take home. Last year he gave us 2 boxes, said they will just get tossed anyway.

I am seriously thinking of changing providers but would hate to lose HMM which I seem to watch more than anything lately but our bill just keeps going up almost every other month or so.

Respected Contributor

I don't think any of the restaurants open on Thanksgiving here are buffets.  They are all in it for profit and don't make as much with buffet style.  You also need a reservation.

If they raise our cable bill DH will yell plenty.  He always threatens to drop cable altogether but can't since it's a bundle.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Desi, a diner we go to has a Thanksgiving meal for $10. You can have either Turkey  OR Ham than with that you choose a soup and 2 other sides. You also get a piece of pumpkin pie for dessert with this, beverage is extra.

That would be more than enough for us but not DS who loves buffets but we both like prime rib so will be good for all of us at the buffet. DH is the only one that likes ham so he can have his fill at the buffet where DS and I like turkey as well as the crab stuffed haddock.

Almost all the diners are open holidays and all oriental buffets are open holidays(always open) and all charge $12.99 on holidays, oriental buffets that is.  Thanksgiving or Easter buffets at this restaurant  with prime rib is only $2 more than those without prime rib so well worth the extra $2.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, enjoy the buffet.  I agree the one with the better choices is worth the difference in cost.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Happy we aren't getting snow (have in the past) although it's sure cold enough.

Respected Contributor

Desi, DS didn't feel so hot today so, if he isn't able to go I will cancel and DH and I will go to a local diner since I don't have anything in right now to make other than the frozen turkey I got for Christmas. DS said we should go anyway but neither of us are big eaters and a platter is more than enough for us and still have leftovers to bring home so, will only go to the buffet if DS is okay.

Same here, was very cold, bitter cold last Thanksgiving and we had to stand outside and wait for our seating, glad it will be nice this one.

Weather said we should get about 24 inches of snow this winter and instead of a lot of small snow storms it will most likely be a few larger ones and mostly in February and March.They said December will be above normal, not that it will be warm but above what it usually is and January is up in the air yet.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, sorry DS wasn't up to eating out.  It happens, hope you and DH still had a nice dinner.

November has been lovely for the most part.  A couple of deep snowstorms if that was really it would be fine.  Warmer would also be great!  Today was nice.  Good for traveling.

Respected Contributor

Desi, he was fine by the time I got up, think maybe a 24 hour bug since he is perfectly okay now and ate like usual, a lot. We get tired sitting while he eats since he is also a very slow eater and chews a lot plus talks a lot as well. I have always been a fast eater even as a kid, know that isn't the best and try to slow down but somehow never happens. DH always kids and says slow down, no one is going to take your food, lol.

the place was even more crowded than last year, had to wait 30 minutes to be seated, never had that happen, not more than 10 minutes tops.

Hope you all had a great day.

weather was great here too and will be Friday as well, even nicer but winds up to 25 MPH. By Sunday they want the cold to come in and by Monday down to the 20's at night, what a difference.

Respected Contributor

Doglover glad it was just a fast-moving bug and you guys got to eat out.  We ate at the in-laws, but maybe next year will be different.

The weather has been so awesome.  I know it's going to get colder but today was almost summery, if you used your imagination.

Respected Contributor

Desi, same weather here, love it but by Monday they said it will be 20 degrees colder, 40's and down to the 20's at night, there go my sandals I guess when it is in the 20's at night.

really enjoyed the buffet but always like that one for both Thanksgiving and Easter, Christmas is when I make our turkey at home. My mom and gram always had turkey for both Thanksgiving and Christmas but for just us it is too much too close together so, Christmas is now turkey day here.

getting ready to go out shortly I think since we ate earlier today with company.