Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Blender vs. Real Techniques Miracle Sponge

I like the beauty blender.  I haven't tried RT yet.  I got the beauty blender on a deal. It was two for one, otherwise, I would not spend 20bucks on a sponge. They are still going strong but I don't use them everyday. 

I recently bought some some Posh diamond shaped sponges that look of the same material as the bb.  I haven't tried them yet.  Maybe ttomorrow to see how the perform.  They also had wedges of the same materials.  I got them from Kmart and they were cheap. 

Excuse typos and grammar.  iPad is not letting me go back to correct. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I like the beauty blender.  I haven't tried RT yet.  I got the beauty blender on a deal. It was two for one, otherwise, I would not spend 20bucks on a sponge. They are still going strong but I don't use them everyday. 

I recently bought some some Posh diamond shaped sponges that look of the same material as the bb.  I haven't tried them yet.  Maybe ttomorrow to see how the perform.  They also had wedges of the same materials.  I got them from Kmart and they were cheap. 

- My iPhone won't let me correct or edit anymore either. I suspect it has something to do with a recent update. VERY annoying. 

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer to use a disposable makeup sponge that I toss out after about a week. I have tried those beauty blender knockoff sponges but I didn't think they came out very clean looking after washing them.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

- My iPhone won't let me correct or edit anymore either. I suspect it has something to do with a recent update. VERY annoying. 

I thought it was my iPad.  It is very annoying for sure.  I had to rewrite a couple of posts but I can't rewrite them all.  

Respected Contributor

I loved the BB sponge until it came time to keeping it clean. Ish.

The stains never came out and it just looked and felt grubby after washing.

I threw it away and went back to my cheapette disposable ones that are far more hygienic.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@danielsl wrote:

I was planning to purchase a Beauty Blender sponge.  In my "research" I found and watched a number of Youtube comparisons of the original Blender and the Real Techniques one.  Now I'm a little confused.  The Real Techniques did REALLY WELL and a couple liked it even a little better due to it having a flat side.  Would love to hear from those of you who are using a sponge to apply your makeup.  What brand do you like and why?  Have any of you used both?  Pros and cons?  Thank you for helping me make a decision on what to purchase. 

@danielsl wrote:

I was planning to purchase a Beauty Blender sponge.  In my "research" I found and watched a number of Youtube comparisons of the original Blender and the Real Techniques one.  Now I'm a little confused.  The Real Techniques did REALLY WELL and a couple liked it even a little better due to it having a flat side.  Would love to hear from those of you who are using a sponge to apply your makeup.  What brand do you like and why?  Have any of you used both?  Pros and cons?  Thank you for helping me make a decision on what to purchase. 

I have a BB sponge and like it very much

BUT I also bought the RT foundation brush and like that too, as I like all the RT brushes, they are some of the best maybe the best.

not much help I know, 

New Contributor

I have heard a lot about makeup blending tools. Few days back in our kitty party my friend told me about a new silicone sponge she bought from SiliDrop. She believes beauty blenders are a key component to one's cosmetics tools, the silli sponge beauty blender has done just that for professional makeup artists and anyone who loves makeup. She told me about its various benefits like flawless foundation coverage, easy seamless blending for contouring and also is reusable. I'm not sure if it is also known as a real technique miracle sponge. But I'm surely going to try the silicone sponge because my friends makeup was looking very glamorous.