Super Contributor

Beauty Before and Afters

[ Edited ]

I'm surprised no has noticed this or maybe they have.  For one example the Josie Maran Milk Serum before and after pics of a woman.  In the before pic she is smiling so she has crows feet and laugh lines.  In the after picture she is not smiling so her lines are much less visible.  OMG I have seen this OVER AND OVER on the beauty pics.  I don't get how this gets through their supposedly insane quality control nevermind legal department!  Or for a lip product, they are scrunching their lips in the before and then not making any expressions in the after.  OMG this drives me insane how the hosts will say the product gets rid of wrinkles, lol.  Everyone can clearly see the expressions in the photos.  Just had to rant.  Just wondering if anyone else notices this....lol  And don't tell me not to shop at the Q.  Occasionally I do shop here!   And I do have a few Josie items as well, despite the deceptive pics.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Before and Afters

I can contract my muscles and look really BAD.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Ladyjenn wrote:

I'm surprised no has noticed this or maybe they have.  For one example the Josie Maran Milk Serum before and after pics of a woman.  In the before pic she is smiling so she has crows feet and laugh lines.  In the after picture she is not smiling so her lines are much less visible.  OMG I have seen this OVER AND OVER on the beauty pics.  I don't get how this gets through their supposedly insane quality control nevermind legal department!  Or for a lip product, they are scrunching their lips in the before and then not making any expressions in the after.  OMG this drives me insane how the hosts will say the product gets rid of wrinkles, lol.  Everyone can clearly see the expressions in the photos.  Just had to rant.  Just wondering if anyone else notices this....lol  And don't tell me not to shop at the Q.  Occasionally I do shop here!   And I do have a few Josie items as well, despite the deceptive pics.

Yes!!!! I thought I must be nuts but I have noticed the exact same thing.  Not just with Josie but all beauty before and after photos.  At first I thought I was imagining it but then I froze the video and yes, there it was, she has a very slight smile.  It is so easy to miss but the before and after photos adjust to her smile.  I have noticed this over and over.  Some photos of other brands actually looked better in the before photos.  

Trusted Contributor

@ladygirl oh my goodness you are sooo not alone in this haha! it's crazy.

I tell my husband when something's on like that to come look (we have a TV in our kitchen and my laptop is there) and he laughs!

Maybe they think the masses ( not us of course)  are rather dumb to the fact this is horse---.

No one should ever EVER say not to shop Q because you have your voice on something...I always shop here and enjoy it and even if the pics and such are deceptive....I will try and see if it works for me as well.

Josie and other companies have to realize many of us ladies/men are "hip to that game" Smiley Wink

Yes, I have seen this for quite some time over the years...but more and lately now with all the new gadgets and things out there.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Esteemed Contributor

It's easy to manipulate lighting and camera filters to show a really bad before and a really good after. Bad overhead lighting and lighting from one side can create shadows that make dark circles look like craters and wrinkles look like canyons.

Lighting from below with filters can soften the look of lines and wrinkles and digital retouching is easy to do too. You can usually tell the digital retouching when the eye irises and pupils look like they've been blurred in the after but not in the before.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I notice that the color in the before and after are always different. So many times I can not even detect an improvement between the before and after pictures.....but the host is ooing and ahhing. Like there is such an improvement.

With  WEN, I wish they would show the models with WEN NOT pro styled. They never pro style the befores with shampoo........ They need to compare apples to apples to be honest.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I notice that the color in the before and after are always different. So many times I can not even detect an improvement between the before and after pictures.....but the host is ooing and ahhing. Like there is such an improvement.

With  WEN, I wish they would show the models with WEN NOT pro styled. They never pro style the befores with shampoo........ They need to compare apples to apples to be honest.

They have been doing that ALOT lately. The models have been styling their own hair. So yes, they are comparing apples to apples when the models do their own hair and it is not pro-styled.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They have been doing that ALOT lately. The models have been styling their own hair. So yes, they are comparing apples to apples when the models do their own hair and it is not pro-styled.

Also the before pictures with WEN are from years ago.  On the screen it will also say 2008, 2010 etc.   This shows how much healthier the hair is now.  Was what made me try WEN 3 years ago because I saw that change, not how their hair was styled.  Look next time if you watch.

Trusted Contributor

I never pay any credit to those before/after pictures!  They are manipulated and just not true. 

Super Contributor

Exactly, I look like a hot mess too when I don't blow dry my hair and it's all wet.  Please.  The wen before and afters are rediculous.  Just having Chaz's team style my  hair with any shampoo and my hair would look glorious! lol