Honored Contributor

Beautiful hair accessories? Look no further :-)

I've recently discovered France Luxe hair accessories -- handmade in France. They are gorgeous, very classic, and of course practical

You can buy them at Nordstrom, probably elsewhere, and online. I much prefer buying from their online site. The site actually carries three brands, but I buy only France Luxe.

They are not inexpensive, but they're also not outrageously priced. Yesterday I received an e-mail that many of their items are 40 percent off. I checked, and almost all of them are on that sale.

The site always has free ship and free returns -- no questions asked. And their CS is absolutely stellar. You can call and get advice. You can also e-mail and get a response pronto. I asked them this morning whether the order I had just placed could possibly get shipped today, and they responded that they would make sure that happened.

I bought for myself, but their products would make great gifts as well.

Here are just a few samples, but there are simpler designs as well:

chignon pin

hair stick

Barrette

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

Re: Beautiful hair accessories? Look no further :-)

[ Edited ]

Suzyq, you Are so right ,i have multiples of 1 and2 pics! They hold beautifully. I have thigh length hair , can't say too many things hold! Enjoy , thanks for sharing! Maryanne

Honored Contributor

@keeper of the koi wrote:

Suzyq, you Are so right ,i have multiples of 1 and2 pics! They hold beautifully. I have thigh length hair , can't say too many things hold! Enjoy , thanks for sharing! Maryanne

For diversity's sake, I should mention that my hair barelyreaches my shoulder when wet but shrinks up when dry (very curly).  But I have some of their side combs, chignon pins, and just ordered a slide.

Curly hair is notorious for not looking so hot on the second or third day, so these items are a godsend. Also, I like to put my hair up in one fashion or another when I exercise walk. Right now I'm wearing one of their "bun" covers.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Just love these!  I went to the website and ordered too many!  I have thin hair and pull it back into a polished pony usually for work....so hard to find the right accessories that look professional and will hold thin hair.  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 ohhhhh those are nice. I need some good hair clips if I decide to let my hair get longer.  It is thick and naturally curly and grows so fast ( thank you WEN )  I have had my hair cut twice since the beginning of summer...to shoulder length.  It's now past my shoulders dry.  I can't stand it loose all the time and like it pulled up.  I should probably get some advice from their CS.  The goody claws don't hold up very well.  Any other brands you use that maybe are a little less expensive?  Their sale prices are awfully tempting though especially with the excellent return policy.  TIA

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 ohhhhh those are nice. I need some good hair clips if I decide to let my hair get longer.  It is thick and naturally curly and grows so fast ( thank you WEN )  I have had my hair cut twice since the beginning of summer...to shoulder length.  It's now past my shoulders dry.  I can't stand it loose all the time and like it pulled up.  I should probably get some advice from their CS.  The goody claws don't hold up very well.  Any other brands you use that maybe are a little less expensive?  Their sale prices are awfully tempting though especially with the excellent return policy.  TIA

Honestly, @Suebdoo, I'd rather get a few France Luxe items than less expensive ones. I think these will last longer and work better. I have very curly hair, too, as I mentioned, although maybe a bit shorter than yours, so I do need gentle, good grip accessories.

And this sale is amazing. If you decide to try them, I'd talk to CS and maybe explain what you think you need. I've discovered that I really like hair pins/chignon pins, combs, and a stick or two. I also ordered a slide, as I mentioned. I do have a nice France Luxe jaw that I really like that I can use for casual look.

Good luck with whatever you decide stylewise or brandwise. :-)

Trusted Contributor

Pretty!

Honored Contributor

I love my ficcare maximus hair clips. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3, I know I've come across the brand France Lux before, but I just can't place it right now. From what I remember, the quality is much better than what you generally find in stores, but there's another brand that I prefer. 

Thirty years ago, you used to be able to find excellent quality imitation French tortoise shell hair accessories in a number stores. Unfortunately, over the years many stores have started carrying cheaper and inferior hair accessories. One exception to this has been the wholesale importer, Charles J. Wahba Co., Inc.

www.charlesjwahba.com/

Charles J. Wahba Co., Inc., established in 1959, is known for its superior quality hair ornaments manufactured & imported from France. Our products may be found at the finest department ... 

While they don't have a retail branch, a number of the top stores carry their line. If I'm looking for particular item, I'll just google their name along with the item that I'm looking for and I can generally find retailers who will sell me those products.

From what I remember, there's a particular town in France where most of the top-quality imitation tortoise shell hair accessories are manufactured. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the town. I want to say it's something like "oze" but I'm probably way off. It's a very unusual name.

Thanks for sharing the info and photos about the beautiful hair accessories that are on sale.

-- bebe Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@bebe777, thank for the info. Amazon has a large selection of the brand you mentioned.

Both brands are handmade in France, but I do think that France Luxe offers a much more diverse selection. Of course, that diversity also means that the price range can go higher than what I saw with your brand. Believe it or not, there are some pieces in their arsenal that are hundreds of dollars. Most, of course, are much more reasonable and similar to Charles J. Wabba.

The France Luxe sale ends December 8.