Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals ~~ ""More Than Meets The Eye"" ~~ TSV Review With Pic!!!

On 3/12/2014 BE Beauty said:

Been using this collection since I got it a while ago, and I am loving some of it. Love the all over color without sparkle!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

The BB shadow is fine as a primer. It is a skin tone color, and I am fair. It does have a fine sparkle, but when used as primer, when you add shadow, you can't see it.

I love the primer, but I can't get it to pump out of the bottle, so I am opening it up, and with a brush, I take out what I need. I wonder if some moisturizer was added to thin it out, would that take away from the primer itself?? {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Maybe another primer added from BE?? Maybe I have to shake it for a long time, and see if that will work.

I can only use the lipstick with a gloss. I find it drying if used alone. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Nice color though.

The brushes are not on my love list. I have the same BE brushes, and can't remember when, or if I have ever used them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Better Brushes, or more product without the brushes maybe?

I am not sure if I will continue with the AD. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} The colors will have to have some peach, or coral for me, the lipstick more moisturizing, and the pump fixed on the primer. We shall see.

Thanks for posting this! The 5-in-1 is exactly what I'm looking for to achieve a simple look for the summer, but I can order that on its own. The primer pumps are a pain. I can never get mine to work without shooting product across the vanity, so I do the same thing. LOL. I just ordered the It TSV, so I'm hoping that lip product will be good. I'm passing on this TSV...too many things I don't need/won't use.

ETA: I really want to try the all over face color, but I guess I will stalk the bay for them like I do for the blush/luminizer duos from last year's TSV.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/13/2014 DMC said:
On 3/12/2014 BE Beauty said:

Been using this collection since I got it a while ago, and I am loving some of it. Love the all over color without sparkle!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

The BB shadow is fine as a primer. It is a skin tone color, and I am fair. It does have a fine sparkle, but when used as primer, when you add shadow, you can't see it.

I love the primer, but I can't get it to pump out of the bottle, so I am opening it up, and with a brush, I take out what I need. I wonder if some moisturizer was added to thin it out, would that take away from the primer itself?? {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Maybe another primer added from BE?? Maybe I have to shake it for a long time, and see if that will work.

I can only use the lipstick with a gloss. I find it drying if used alone. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Nice color though.

The brushes are not on my love list. I have the same BE brushes, and can't remember when, or if I have ever used them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Better Brushes, or more product without the brushes maybe?

I am not sure if I will continue with the AD. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} The colors will have to have some peach, or coral for me, the lipstick more moisturizing, and the pump fixed on the primer. We shall see.

Thanks for posting this! The 5-in-1 is exactly what I'm looking for to achieve a simple look for the summer, but I can order that on its own. The primer pumps are a pain. I can never get mine to work without shooting product across the vanity, so I do the same thing. LOL. I just ordered the It TSV, so I'm hoping that lip product will be good. I'm passing on this TSV...too many things I don't need/won't use.

ETA: I really want to try the all over face color, but I guess I will stalk the bay for them like I do for the blush/luminizer duos from last year's TSV.

DMC I have the It TSV for a while now. The CC Lip color is beautiful. {#emotions_dlg.wub} You won't have a problem with it at all. I love the color. You are going to Love that TSV!!

Super Contributor

Hey Sea...you're right. I got it today and the lippie is really pretty! If the CC doesn't make me break out, I'll be keeping this for sure!

Super Contributor

BEautiful!!
Frequent Contributor

On 3/14/2014 DMC said:

Hey Sea...you're right. I got it today and the lippie is really pretty! If the CC doesn't make me break out, I'll be keeping this for sure!

Glad you are enjoying it DMC. I love this TSV also!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

The Canadian shopping channel is having the same collection as there special. They are getting the smaller size of the CC cream. The price is $10 less than ours. I am glad we got the super size for $10 more.

Frequent Contributor

Future Shipments

Second Shipment: August 2014

1-fl oz Prime Time Daily Defense Neutralizing Foundation Primer SPF 30
0.28-oz bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in choice of 12 shades
0.21-oz 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Mineral Veil Finishing Powder SPF 20
0.3-oz bareMinerals Ready All-Over Face Color in Glee
0.10-fl oz 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF15 in Cinnamon
0.12-oz Hydrating Lip Stain in Glee
One Full Flawless Face Brush
One Full Tapered Face Brush

Third Shipment: December 2014

1-fl oz Prime Time Daily Defense Neutralizing Foundation Primer SPF 30
0.28-oz bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in choice of 12 shades
0.21-oz 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Mineral Veil Finishing Powder SPF 20
0.3-oz bareMinerals Ready All-Over Face Color in True
0.10-fl oz 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF15 in Sunlit Ivory
0.12-oz Hydrating Lip Stain in True
One Kabuki Light Brush
One Light Stroke Fan Brush

Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing the future shipment details!! I'm really like everything in this TSV. I won't be cancelling this one.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the post on the future shipments. I have soft focus glee and glee radiance, so I wouldn't need another ready glee all over face color. Still leaning toward passing this up.

Valued Contributor

It really is a nice TSV but I have no problems passing this up. I have a super jumbo size of the Neutralizing Primer from when it first came out. I suppose they have made it better but I am still using the primer.

I do hope that those who get the TSV enjoy it as it is a decent value.

Frequent Contributor

OK, I know I swore I wasn't getting it, but I really like the idea of the primer with SPF. I'm wondering if the primer has a matte or dewy finish, and whether or not it would be obviously yellow on someone with extremely fair skin. The lip stain looks much nicer on the models than I'd expected -- I'd thought it was a darker color. The face color looks rosier, as well -- it looked like it might be on the brown side in some of the photos I saw. Also, what color is the eyeshadow? Not one of the models is wearing a single color of shadow, so I can't tell what the TSV shadow looks like. THANKS!!!