Regular Contributor

Bare Minerals Matte foundation question

I have oily acne prone skin and large pores. I use the original foundation now and was wondering if the matte would be better for my skin? I use the medium color in the original do I order the same shade in the matte to?
Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Matte foundation question

Hey! I have very oily skin....I wore med beige in original and when Matte came out the same color worked for me and absorbed the oil on my face. HTH
Valued Contributor

I used to wear the Original foundation in fair. When they debuted the Matte foundation, I tried it and never went back. I wear fair in Matte as well. I have an oily/combo skin. I've found that with the Matte, I have less shiny and oiliness with just a few touch-ups of the Mineral veil throughout the day.

If I were you, if medium works well for you in Original, I would order the medium in Matte as well.

Valued Contributor

I used to mix Medium and Fair (I think) in the original, and when Matte came out, and the new shades, I tried Fairly Medium, and like customerQ-V-C said, never looked back. I agree, if Medium is good in original on you, it's probably going to work in Matte. I've got very oily skin, and Matte works the best for me, especially if I use the Oil Control primer.

Super Contributor

I ordered Medium Beige (which is perfect for me in the original) in the matte, and it seemed darker & orange-ish to me. Even though I have oily skin, I didn't care for the way matte looked on my skin. I am in my 40's though, so it may look better on younger skin.