Frequent Contributor

Bare Minerals ~~ Bare Skin Serum Foundation ~~ Up For Advance Purchase!!!

Advance orders ship 4/8/14. Rats :-( The size is just one oz. Not impressed with that, but it looks and applies BEautifully.

SPF 20 w/ Brush

A257445 AD

A256043 Single Ship

2 Videos with Jessica

Leslie's take on the Serum Foundation.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/leslie-blodgett/bareskin-serum-foundation/746983311993709

Advance Order Price:

$39.96

Shipping & Handling: $4.97

Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals ~~ Bare Skin Serum Foundation ~~ Up For Advance Purchase!!!

I have tried Skinn's serum foundation and love it, but there is no SPF, so I'm going to give this one a try. Thanks for posting!

Respected Contributor

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 11%

Inactive Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium
Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene
Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract,
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol.

May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Contributor

You can read about it on BE's website too. It looks like the foundation won't be released elsewhere (including BE) until May 1st. The brush and foundation are a deal on the Q, even with the shipping, but I don't get why anyone would do the AD since they're charging $29 which is full price on BE + shipping (free on BE and most everywhere else with a $50 purchase). I'll just buy it from BE since they have Bare Porcelain and the Q isn't carrying it (boo!).

edited to include the BE link:

http://www.bareescentuals.com/bareSkin-Pure-Brightening-Serum-Foundation-Broad-Spectrum-SPF-20/USmas...

Frequent Contributor

I wear medium beige in the orinigal, what shade do you think would be closest?

Frequent Contributor

Thank's for this post. I just ordered bare linen. Hope I got the color right. I wear fairly light in the loose & Medium in the READY.. For anyone looking for shade help go to the BE web site. That helped me choose...Scroll over ""what's new"" & click on bare serum foundation & then click learn more.

Contributor

It looks like BE is going the ""cool"" ""neutral"" ""golden"" route with the shades so I'm going to buy the Bare Linen which is the lightest neutral shade. I'm usually ""fair"" so I don't know if this will work. Ivory looks really yellow and the Shell a bit too pink. It's so hard to tell without swatches tho. I figure I can buy Porcelain directly from BE in May and mix the two and that should work if Linen isn't light enough. It's a deal with the brush so I'm going to hope for the best.

Super Contributor

$29 at BE; too bad it's not available to order there. Don't think I'll be ordering it any time soon anyway 'cus I am in love with PTR cc cream ... have been using it without any foundation.

Frequent Contributor

Just want to say that I am 60 and love the Original, matte and ready. I wish it was out in the stores first. That way, we all could try to color match first, before ordering. I gave away my first A-D of the ready foundation because the shading wasn't the same as the original or matte, and it was way too wrong for me. By the time I called up customer service, I was holding my breath that I would not be told that the shade I wanted (after going to Ulta to try on) was no longer available for the remaining deliveries. Things worked out then. It's great that some of you can order the proper shade online, but I can't. Going to wait to read reviews about the shading, and then testing for myself at Ulta of BE, before even considering trying. The shade names and numbers aren't even close to what I am used to for BE. I know I will be missing out on the advanced price, but that's ok. Have fun with this and, please, give reviews to help out others!

Contributor

@RetiredATC I know what you mean about shade matching. It is such a difficult thing to do online. I typically have to buy two colors and make my own blend depending on my current level of pale. I use BE Fair and mix in Fairly Light in the summer. I did the adv order and will share my review once it arrives.