Honored Contributor

Um it sounds like she is asking about Philosophy's bar soaps, not asking what bar soaps people like in general?

Honored Contributor

I only use bar soaps when showering. I love Bath & Body Works True Blue Creamy Cleansing Bar! I stock up every January with their semi-anjuall sale. I can't stand using body wash or liquid soaps.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Try Beekman soap bars. They are wonderful & not drying.

I second that!  I am thrilled that I tried them.  Now I'm hoarding them!  

I'm also hoarding them. Never thought I would become a hoarder. LOL!! I have over 20 bars. I have them stacked up in the Armoire along with my other goodies. I forgot I had put bars in several drawers in my dresser. I need to ask if they will make the Heirloom Rose & Apricot Tea/Honey in the 4 box set available.

@Nightowlz  I'd love the Apricot Honey Tea in a 4-pk. too!  I haven't tried the Rose yet - still wrapped in the box.  Have you tried the Honey & Oat?  The AHT, to me, smells very similar to the HO, minus the oatmeal.  

I have not tried the Rose yet either but it smells good. I have the AHT & a bar of the HV open right now. I have used the Honey & Oat. I really like it. It has a gentle exfoliation. I have used it to wash my face with. Someone on the forums mentioned a bar Beekman sells for the face that I have never seen called The One.

Our "ONE" bar cleans, moisturizes and tones all at once. Used twice daily, our natural goat soap moisturizes and cleans thoroughly, but gently. And the addition of farm fresh egg whites helps tone your face without harsh chemicals. Simply keep the ceramic dish with the ONE Bar next to your sink, and twice daily use moistened fingertips to rub it's surface. Once it lathers, rub gently onto your face, then rinse with cool water. And you're done!

The "ONE" bar has a light lavender & lemongrass scent from natural essential oils to help relax your inside as it tones your outside.

Buntitled

Respected Contributor
I have 8 bars of the Beekman soaps. Haven't jumped into them yet. Maybe this weekend!
Esteemed Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I did not think people used soap bars anymore  lol Liquid soap/wash is so much easier

Back in the 80s, in an attempt to grow the market for their new shower gels it was none other that the cosmetic companies themselves who did the marketing brainwashing that bar soap was no good for skin.  Frankly, it was never the soap bar, but rather the detergents used to make the bars which can dry the skin, and that same theory applies to plenty of liquid soaps and washes.  I am delighted that companies such as Fresh, Beekman, Perlier, Gianna Rose to name a few are proving it to be hogwash that a bar soap is bad for the skin.  No, I wouldn't usea harsh soap such as Irish Spring on my face or body, but I would definitely use any of the aforementioned or Dove.  

Super Contributor

Currently I'm using a wonderful giant soap from trader joes called Ginger Almond Exoliating Bar.  It's huge and both my husband and I love it.  Giving it in christmas stockings this year.  I have the beekman vanilla soaps but havent had a chance to use one yet!  Love huge bar soaps that are all natural and don't strip your skin!

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

I did not think people used soap bars anymore  lol Liquid soap/wash is so much easier

Back in the 80s, in an attempt to grow the market for their new shower gels it was none other that the cosmetic companies themselves who did the marketing brainwashing that bar soap was no good for skin.  Frankly, it was never the soap bar, but rather the detergents used to make the bars which can dry the skin, and that same theory applies to plenty of liquid soaps and washes.  I am delighted that companies such as Fresh, Beekman, Perlier, Gianna Rose to name a few are proving it to be hogwash that a bar soap is bad for the skin.  No, I wouldn't usea harsh soap such as Irish Spring on my face or body, but I would definitely use any of the aforementioned or Dove.  

I prefer bar soap in the shower.   

Valued Contributor

I doubt if you can find the Philosophy Bar Soaps anywhere other than ebay.  I haven't seen them for sale in a long time.  They did bring them back on the Q for a while but the selection was limited and they were more expensive.  You might try Pittsburgh Street Soapworks at  www.pittstreet.com     They used to have dupes of the Philosophy scents including the soaps.  I haven't checked their site in a long time, so I'm not sure if they still carry the products but it might be worth your while to check them out.  

Honored Contributor

I loved the Philosphy scented soaps, it's too bad they no longer make them!!!!!! I am enjoying Beekman soaps however, and so is my hubby!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor
If you're looking for philosophy bar soap you might check eBay since philosophy has discounted them. If you have a nice boutique near you then I recommend Lafco, Claus Porto, Thymes and Crabtree and Evelyn. I've used the all and they last a very long time. Claus Porto is seven times milled rather than triple milled so it lasts forever.. Good luck in your search. I wish philosophy would bring back the amazing grace soaps!