Honored Contributor

I have never been able to find a bronzer for fair skin until Chanel Cream Bronzer in Light. It's the perfect tone, just adds a hint of color and not too oily and no shine.

It arrived a few weeks ago and I'm loving the look of healthy color.

Yes, pricey, but haven't made a dent in it using it daily. I tap my brush in it (comes in a huge jar). Since it's almost solid, not creamy like a moisturizer I tap off on my hand before applying to cheeks just below blush and a bit on the bridge of my nose. 

Fair skinned beauties, if in a dept. store that carries Chanel, please sample it in store. You'll be amazed at the life it adds to your face.

Trusted Contributor

Re: BRONZER FOR FAIR SKIN

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I have never been able to find a bronzer for fair skin until Chanel Cream Bronzer in Light. It's the perfect tone, just adds a hint of color and not too oily and no shine.

Yes, pricey, but haven't made a dent in it using it daily. I tap my brush in it (comes in a huge jar). Since it's almost solid, not creamy like a moisturizer I tap off on my hand before applying to cheeks just below blush and a bit on the bridge of my nose. 

Fair skinned beauties, if in a dept. store that carries Chanel, please sample it in store. You'll be amazed at the life it adds to your face.

So you no longer use Charlotte Tilsbury Filmstar Bronzer tawny shade in a compact with a low shimmer?

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/I-think-I-m-over-Bronzer/m-p/7837598/highlight/true#M877490

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

So you no longer use Charlotte Tilsbury Filmstar Bronzer tawny shade in a compact with a low shimmer?

@paixmcdao   The CT lasted for a few years, but when I hit pan, I realized my skin was becoming more dry and along with cream blush, I needed to find a cream bronzer. The CT was good because of the slight rosey tone which eliminated the need for blush on a fast make up day. 

The Chanel  bronzer is a light tan tone, so cream blush is still a necessity for me.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus , That is interesting. I've given up on bronzer because I'm so fair, maybe I'll give it a try. There is no chance of finding Chanel in my area. 🙁

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I use a shade darker in a foundation and use that as my bronzer. Apply it to the planes on my face where the sun would normally give my face color. Gives it dimension and somewhat more contour although not the same thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus , That is interesting. I've given up on bronzer because I'm so fair, maybe I'll give it a try. There is no chance of finding Chanel in my area. 🙁

@QVCkitty1 

Have you tried Physicians Butter Bronzer in light? It gives a nice bit of color on my fair skin.

91bO7QGm2QL._SL1500_.jpg

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1    Nordstrom sells Chanel (online, too). Free ship/free returns if it doesn't work for you.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@QVCkitty1    Nordstrom sells Chanel (online, too). Free ship/free returns if it doesn't work for you.

@Shanus , Thanks, I agree Nordys is great !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use a shade darker in a foundation and use that as my bronzer. Apply it to the planes on my face where the sun would normally give my face color. Gives it dimension and somewhat more contour although not the same thing.

@SilleeMee thanks for making the distinction between bronzer and contour. So many people consider them interchangeable. Bronzer is designed to give you a bit of a tanned, sun-kissed look, and is applied where the sun would naturally hit your face, whereas contour is designed to create a shadow or recede a part of your face, to "sculp" it. For example, contour used under your cheekbones will give the impression of hollows, making your cheekbones stand out more. Used along the jawline, it will diminish the look of jowls. Along the sides of your nose, it will give the illusion of a slimmer nose. So, you're right, bronzer and contour are not the same thing! That's why it always confuses me when people place bronzer below their blush, but I guess that's just me.. 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I would like to try the Physicians Formula @kate2357 .  I've heard good things about it.