Trusted Contributor

Re: BOBBI BROWN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

Today looking online at Barneys Warehouse sale I think they have some BobbieBrown on sale and others that are great prices. Enjoy the sale.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

EL bought Ojon hair care & destroyed it ... Ojon was the best stuff for my hair & now it's gone!!! ....I have to wonder why these big companies buy out the "smaller" ones only to destroy it shortly down the line .... makes me so angry!! 😩😫

@January121

There's a few different possibilities, but the most likely reason is that when a large beauty company buys a small one, it's because then they own the innovative "recipes" or formulas for their own product line.  

They can then modify their current products or introduce new ones with no legal ramifications.  Obviously, the big company is under no obligation to keep the smaller company name or product line going.   It's theirs to do with as they wish.    

Respected Contributor

@Shanus:

As to suggestions, I was also 00 Porcelain with BB.

Now using FAIR (the fairest available) by IT and it finally is a match.

Loved the BB foundation sticks. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Shanus:

As to suggestions, I was also 00 Porcelain with BB.

Now using FAIR (the fairest available) by IT and it finally is a match.

Loved the BB foundation sticks. Sigh.

@1Professor, have you taken a look at Lancome's Teint Idole Stick foundation? I've been wearing it for for almost a year now and love it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 Lancome's fairest foundation in any formula has too much pink for me. I'm a neutral porcelain...difficult to match. No warm or cool undertones. Not throwing in the towel on BB yet. Just watching & waiting.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@suzyQ3 Lancome's fairest foundation in any formula has too much pink for me. I'm a neutral porcelain...difficult to match. No warm or cool undertones. Not throwing in the towel on BB yet. Just watching & waiting.

@Shanus, my post was actually for @1Professor, but I will tell you that I am a light/med neutral and was successful. I can't do pink or yellow. Sometimes I can get a way with a touch of peach, which sort of straddles the fence.

In any case, mine is a excellent match, and I also have the same shade in their waterproof concealer.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus, my post was actually for @1Professor, but I will tell you that I am a light/med neutral and was successful. I can't do pink or yellow. Sometimes I can get a way with a touch of peach, which sort of straddles the fence.

In any case, mine is a excellent match, and I also have the same shade in their waterproof concealer.

@suzyQ3 Your skin sounds exactly like mine! May I ask what shade you use in the Lancome stick?

Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair  I assumed she left on her own after 25 yrs. I haven't noticed any changes in the makeup except the extra sparkle in her eyeshadow palettes may be trying to appeal to a younger audience. The concealer she seem the same, but my under eye brightner and my clear brow gel (in mascara tube) were discontinued. Some of the pricing seems to be going up & the line was expensive to me already. I'll just have to see.

Honored Contributor

@peace6576 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@suzyQ3 Your skin sounds exactly like mine! May I ask what shade you use in the Lancome stick?

@peace6576, I don't want to go more off-topic here, so I'll start another thread for you. :-)

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom  It's only makeup. Just been loyal to 1 brand for so long, it'll take a lot of looking around to find products I like. I guess it's rare to find a line of mu & skincare you love & can stay with for so long.  Thanks for reply.