Honored Contributor

Bobbi Brown makeup is back for 2 shows on QVC on Tuesday. Love her skincare & makeup. Guess I'll have to go "off the wagon" and watch those those.

Esteemed Contributor

Meh.

Respected Contributor

Gee Shanus, it sure sounds as if we like the same things! I started Spring Cleaning in my boudoir today....it is ridiculous what I threw out! Including a concealer palette by Bobbi B.  I love the way she "styles" makeup and now that I know your philosophy, I can understand why you be attracted to her products and the "natural enhanced" look she promotes.

I loved her Chocolate Collection! I don't need more browns-that is a given! Her lipstick palette in that collection was so becoming! Now, I find rosier is better for me and makes me look healthier and more vibrant.

I am going on the wagon when it comes to makeup.....I am SO glad DH was not here to see all of the stuff I threw out.

I still have a lot more stuff to get rid of, but today was cathartic.....I had not cleaned out MU drawers in two years! I wasn't using anything that old, but I thought about why I had bought it all.

I was extremely overweight when I bought it all: and I had all kinds of excuses for not doing any kind of sensible diet, exercise etc.....if I couldn't buy pretty clothes, I could at least buy pretty makeup...... I was so insecure-I did wear MU everyday-said it was for my family....but I wasn't fooling them-or myself.

No question, I do look better with MU-especially the brows!  But now, it's not so cataclysmic if I have to go out without: thankfully those days are few and far between!

I could go on and on about my personal renaissance, but here I go hi-hacking another of your threads-and that's not my intention. You are such a kindred spirit!

So, what do YOU look for in Bobbi? Skincare? Color? Palettes?

Hugs as always,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I always liked Bobbi's lipsticks and eye shadows are very good.  Do not like her foundations (too yellow based for me).  Even though she no longer owns the co. it is still fun to watch something different.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1, I agree I did try her foundations and concealer-and even bought her moisturizer because all of the beauty editors waxed poetic on the wonders of her makeup.

I love the natural"enhanced" look, but her MU doesn't work for me....aside from the Chocolate Collection I wrote about earlier......oh well!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Bobbi Brown makeup is back for 2 shows on QVC on Tuesday. Love her skincare & makeup. Guess I'll have to go "off the wagon" and watch those those.

What time will she be on/ I don't she it on the QVC guide.

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

What time will she be on/ I don't she it on the QVC guide.

I just found it but I don't see anything new. I wish she would  

have some price breaks on  her products like her eyeshadows. Her prices are the same as in her store.Unless she comes out with a kit that would be nice.

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2. I've used all BB makeup & skincare since she started her brand....20 yrs. I think. The foundation shades & formulas have a wide range of coverage. My appeal was being able to wear one of her lightest shades Porcelain which has no pink or orange. I wear her Tinted Moisturizer Balm SPF daily. I love the neutral palettes of shadows and gravitate towards the nudes, but enjoy her greys. Lip colors I use are Sandwash Pink, Bare Shimmer & Raspberry Shimmer (bright pink)...not a fan of gloss at my age, so just use BB crystal clear gloss in small squeeze tube.

Skincare: again all of it. Moisturizers for day, moisturizing balm at night, Hydrating eye cream & Soothing Cleansing Oil for makeup removal...takes off waterproof eye mu, too all in one step.

Think I'm a fan?

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama. Tomorrow, Tuesday 3PM and 9PM.

Respected Contributor

I was looking for gifts for DD and DIL and I was on the Sephora site. BB had an eye shadow palette that literally shocked me! I had no idea that-you will chuckle-she did any colors other than.....Brown!  I thought her name was a sales gimmick!!!

I will watch her to see if there are any new MU styles or looks, but I will be strong and not buy!!!!

Poodlepet2