Valued Contributor

BIG RAVE for COVER/FX CREAM COMPACT FOUNDATION !!!!!!!!

Got this from EVINE and have been wearing it every day!  I like a full cover but lightweight make up and this is it !  I apply with a beauty blender and just a small amout does my whole face and leaves it hydrated with a satin finish.  Covers my sun spots and evens out my skintone without looking like a mask.  I wear it for hours without any oily break though on my nose.  I am fair with slightly dry skin and love how natural and light this looks and feels while still giving excellent coverage.  So happy I gave this one a chance!  I had been using a new Lancome cushion compact foundation but this left my skin too shiny and got oily looking as the day went on and my skin is not oily.  I give COVER/FX 5 stars and I am a fanatic about foundations.  This one is a keeper and lately I have ditched many foundations I barely used and now am down to just a few that I can count on, but this is #1.

Honored Contributor

Re: BIG RAVE for COVER/FX CREAM COMPACT FOUNDATION !!!!!!!!

@virgosun  Well, lucky you having gotten your shade. They sold out so quickly I didn't even have time to think about it. I did get the drops but they haven't arrived yet. What color did you get for your fair skin-I'm fair to med.

Valued Contributor

I ould also like to know how colors run. I am a light-medium but do not want to  look pastey.

TX

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@virgosun Glad you found a favorite.  Intrigued by the presentations I went to their website.   They offer 28 shades of foundation, the most inclusive I've ever seen!  Cover Fx gives an understandable, no nonsense explanation of undertones and groups their shades accordingly.  The color drops have won awards in Allure, Essence etc and gets rave reviews from Beautypedia.  they also offer mattifying drops, anti aging drops and calming drops you add to your own serum or moisturizer to customize your products !  I ordered one or several of everything!

Did you know they were on QVC for a while?  I was shocked but then their presentations were not that memorable. Q limited the shades offered to the usual few.  No one even knew their shade, from truly fair, pink, golden or neutral to deep, golden, pink, neutral, or red was available.  

Cover Fx developers come from prestigious backgrounds and are making their expertise easy to translate into real life.  Like you, I think I've found my HG!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

I checked out their shades on other sites befor I ordered and chose N30 which matches very well.  I am light to light medium with neutral understones and often anything light or too light looks pasty and ashen on me.  I need a hint of warmth but not anything bronzy or orange in any way.

Valued Contributor

I realize in my original post I said I am fair but really meant to say light!  oops!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I bought the pencil concealer  I thought I needed the Natural Med but it was sold out, so I took a chance and ordered the Golden Med......it`s great and the color is spot on...I liked it sooo much I ordered another set of the Golden Med pencils and went to the Cover FX website and ordered a whole mess of stuff...got 20% off my first purchase  and free shipping...can`t wait for the stuff to come

Esteemed Contributor

I did not Evine sold Cover FX.  They've been around for a while and it is a good brand.  In a time when my skin was more problematic with acne, and hyperpigmentation from it, Cover FX was a go to for covering the dark spots. For those uncertain of their shade the brand is sold at Sephora. I'm ot sure if it's in every store as there are some brands which Sephora does not stock in all of their stores.  

There color range is good and the makers do try to use realistic undertones for the colors.  

Honored Contributor

I tried it at Sephora but the shade that was supposed to be a match (P40) looked yellow on me. The associate helping me said it was not yellow because it was in the pink category. She did not offer to try another shade & I was so surprised by the way it looked that I did not think to ask. It still looked obviously yellow on me. Add to that she did a bad job applying it - it looked very heavy & made pores look huge, settled into fine lines... It was just a mess.