Trusted Contributor

BEENIGMA...bee venom, manuka honey, anyone ??

I'm going to give it a try...I used to use a honey face cream from L'Occitane and really liked it until it was discontinued. And I love using products with honey on the body.

Anyone using this already ? what do ya think about it ?? ~ thx...

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

Re: BEENIGMA...bee venom, manuka honey, anyone ??

[ Edited ]

IMO, $99 for 1.7 oz. is pretty expensive - especially when the honey and bee venom are so low on the ingredient list.  If I were to try a bee venom cream, I'd get the one made by Mizon (about $20 for the same size, from a US seller on eBay, but also on Amazon).  If I wanted a cream with both the bee venom and Manuka Honey, I'd try the one by Manuka Lane (same size, on Amazon for $30, and better ingredients, IMO).   I've been adding a few drops of Bee Propolis Extract to my morning cleanser and softening essence for some time, to keep my skin clear and healthy.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, I will check these two you listed quickly !!

Trusted Contributor

I know I've read benefits of using honey in skin care, but bee venom?  Off to Google!

Super Contributor

I've never used BEENIGMA but recently, I got the new trio that launched under Rodial's Bee Venom line. After two weeks, I'm very impressed. I think they use a peptide that's present in bee venom. I am in my mid 30's and whle I don't have any serious concerns, my combination skin tends to have some dull moments. These products visibly improved both radiance and firmness. The new day cream SPF 30 is hands down my favorite with the cleansing balm not far behind. The night gel is very nice but I think this time of year, I just prefer to use creams at night.

Honored Contributor

@IcedTeaNoLemon wrote:

I've never used BEENIGMA but recently, I got the new trio that launched under Rodial's Bee Venom line. After two weeks, I'm very impressed. I think they use a peptide that's present in bee venom. I am in my mid 30's and whle I don't have any serious concerns, my combination skin tends to have some dull moments. These products visibly improved both radiance and firmness. The new day cream SPF 30 is hands down my favorite with the cleansing balm not far behind. The night gel is very nice but I think this time of year, I just prefer to use creams at night.

@IntoSkincare I've seen this one too, but haven't really read the info on it.  Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out with more interest now.  

Super Contributor

I use Beenigma and love it. I just opened my 3rd jar tonight. I am 63 and love the way it keeps my skin plumped up. I tried the Rodial line with bee venom in it and came back to Beenigma. I layer it over my vitamin c serum at night. It makes my skin feel moisturized but not greasy and it still feels wonderful in the morning. I also love the smell it, like honey. 

Trusted Contributor

@NeNe1010 wrote:

I use Beenigma and love it. I just opened my 3rd jar tonight. I am 63 and love the way it keeps my skin plumped up. I tried the Rodial line with bee venom in it and came back to Beenigma. I layer it over my vitamin c serum at night. It makes my skin feel moisturized but not greasy and it still feels wonderful in the morning. I also love the smell it, like honey. 

Glad to hear you like it !!  I've read lots of good reviews on it and decided to go ahead and give it a try..I added two new products to my skin care regiment a few months ago. They are Sunday Riley's, Ceramic Slip Cleanser.. and Good Genes. These products are working very well on my 57 yr. skin.

Now I'm looking forward to trying this with with the SR's products for moisture, and any other benefit it brings. I can't wait to smell it.  Thx..

Respected Contributor

Manuka honey and bee venom are listed after the preservative.  The preservative is most likely .5%.  So, with this brand, you won't really get any benefits from those particular ingredients, as @JeanLouiseFinch mentioned.  The other ingredients are very, very inexpensive:

Water, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetyl alcohol, Stearyl alcohol, Stearic acid, Butyropermum parkii (shea butter), Glycerine, Ceteareth-20, Decyl Oleate, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Diazoiidinyl urea, Manuka Honey, Sweet almond oil, Bee venom.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@IcedTeaNoLemon wrote:

@IntoSkincare I've seen this one too, but haven't really read the info on it.  Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out with more interest now.  

Yikes, that's an expensive one too - even worse than the Beenigma