Respected Contributor

Awesome "Clinique Kisses" Lipstick Holiday Set - Macy's Exclusive

I was looking online for a Clinique Holiday set of lipsticks with 7 different shades - one for each day of the week. I couldn't find it anywhere for purchase yet (oh, but I will find and buy it, don't you worry!), but I DID find a great set at Macy's. For $25, you get 5 of their full sized matte lipsticks. The shades are Crimson, Plum, Magenta, Petal and Beauty. The outside cases are kind of cute, too (although I actually prefer their usual silver cases) and are white with kisses on them and some writing. Anyway, they are full sized, so it is an awesome value. My local store had several in stock, but she said they would go fast. The set is also online. The colors are pretty intense, but I'm wearing the Plum today, which I blotted down and applied balm over, and it looks great with a simple eye (nude shadow and a few coats of mascara) and a neutral cheek color. If you try it, you'll have to let me know what you think. Would be a great gift for makeup and beauty lovers, as well!

Honored Contributor

Re: Awesome "Clinique Kisses" Lipstick Holiday Set - Macy's Exclusive

Sounds like a nice set and a nice deal.  Unfortunately, I refuse to patronize Macy's.  

Super Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Sounds like a nice set and a nice deal.  Unfortunately, I refuse to patronize Macy's.  

Me too!

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch - I'm curious - why?  Is there something we should know about them?  I haven't been to Macy's in years.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I so agree with you.  I had a major nightmare with Macy's recently.  I mean major!!  After several phone calls to that company and I had to go in person to straighten out the mess which I finally did, I'm too scared to ever use their credit card again or even order online from them.  Ordering online without them saying their website was down for charge cards gave me the worst nightmare of my life!!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch - I'm curious - why?  Is there something we should know about them?  I haven't been to Macy's in years.

@Venezia  It's just a personal protest on my part due to the fact that Macy's refused to hire a veteran.  You can easily find the details of the story if you're interested in reading more.

Regular Contributor

From Snopes re Macy's. The story is not exactly as it was portrayed.

http://m.snopes.com/macys-wont-hire-veteran/

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE

Thanks for the info, I may head to Macy's today-- looks like a great gift for 2 of my GFs.

I love snopes.com-- they always find the truth of the matter.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I read the story in the Snopes link. I am still confused, did Macy's offer her the job immediately or only in response to the Facebook uproar?
Honored Contributor

@marytoodles wrote:

From Snopes re Macy's. The story is not exactly as it was portrayed.

http://m.snopes.com/macys-wont-hire-veteran/

@marytoodles  Thank you, but I'm going by the veteran's own words of how her interview went rather than the company's spin after the fact.  I agree that it wasn't the corporation policy that prevented employment, but the manager who the applicant interviewed with who treated her disrespectfully.

Veteran's Interview