Esteemed Contributor

Asking callers if they took EASY PAY - Shawn

Tues night - the constant drum beat for every call-in 'did you take easy pay'? It was obvious Shawn was getting instructions (in the ear plug) to ask each caller that question. Some lady posted here that she had a different view/opinion of QVC after taking a tour of Studio Park.

I realize Q sells so much product because of the easy pay, which stores can not offer - but IMO I consider anything financial as personal information. I certainly don't care how you pay for your purchases. It was so annoying to me.............I changed the channel.

QVC - you're NOT making positive points with me!

Respected Contributor

Re: Asking callers if they took EASY PAY - Shawn

Never thought of it that way, I can see your point however.

Honored Contributor

I've noticed this being asked all the time now too and find it annoying and really none of their business. I also find that most of the time, the callers seem taken aback by the question as there is often an awkward pause before the caller, seemingly begrudgingly, answers.

One host even said she is always surprised when people say they didn't use the easy pay because duh (her words) why wouldn't anyone choose easy pay since it doesn't cost you any more. Well, host, because some of us don't want to make payments every month. Duh. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

No one knows who these callers are, and they certainly don't have to answer honestly, do they? It's just another way of pointing out easy pay to viewers. They are hoping the caller will gush about how wonderful EP is. Actually I bet it has caused financial trouble for many people. But I do use it once in a while.

Respected Contributor

I dont think it is anybodies business fthunt, I always cringe when they ask that too. Who cares, seriously. I wish someone would say 'what does it matter' !! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Awkward when they ask about easy pay. Personally, I don't like easy pay. Many hosts ask that question of callers.

Honored Contributor

I don't get the big deal of asking the question.

Honored Contributor

Who Cares. I don't care if they offer ez pay or not. I would rather have a discount or free shipping.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Nightowlz said:

Who Cares. I don't care if they offer ez pay or not. I would rather have a discount or free shipping.

yep, same here! I never use easy pay and never will so easy pays on more items doesn't get me to buy more.

I wonder if they think that if a customer hears a caller say they used easy pay, that will push someone off the fence for purchasing?? I can't imagine that would make or break a sale but I can't figure out why else would they ask? I actually really dislike the calls in general-they do not add to the "discussion" about the product whatsoever and are often awkward and annoying.

Super Contributor

She has to do what she is told. QVC pushes easy pay as they offer nothing else...no coupons, discounts or the like. QVC wants the customer to think easy pay is wonderful.