Respected Contributor

Re: As you are aging, what's been the hardest thing to adapt regarding your beauty regimen?

I just remembered the thinning hair.  

Respected Contributor

Re: As you are aging, what's been the hardest thing to adapt regarding your beauty regimen?

Right now what bothers me the most is my hair.  I color it (highlights and lowlights)...in 10 to 12 days you can see all the grey start coming in.  I can't afford to go to the salon that often.  I started using a spray on root touch up.  Secondly, my eyes.  I'm seeing more wrinkles under my eyes and sometimes dark circles.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  What age are we talking here? I guess that might make all the difference...  50?60- 70?

Honored Contributor

Gravity is no longer a friend.Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

AngelPuppy1

Ditto!

Respected Contributor

Aging is certainly a tough one.We are so hard ourselves too. However, I feel that the worst thing we can do is not to try. Even though I have been retired for 5 years, I still apply my makeup everyday as if I did when I worked. I just love makeup and its fun to do that. My lips aren't as full as they used to be when I was younger. My laugh lines are becoming more pronounced. However, last night I went to a 50th class reunion meeting. I found myself studying everyone's faces including the men. Walked away not feeling too bad about myself. I guess don't give up ladies. Keep fighting it all of the way.

Respected Contributor

I've begun the climb into my 80's, and I've already passed the stage many of you are experiencing.  I have never used eyelliner, and don't intend to start now. Never liked the harsh look it gives. I have pale Irish skin and eyelliner makes me look like a strange bird indeed. Eyes are green, hair is a shiny white and definitely thinner than it once was.

If going out I sometimes use a very pale pink/peach shadow very lightly on my lids. I use foundation very sparingly - a few beginning age spots get a little heavier dotting. Blush has to be light or I look llike a cartoon wannabe. When I actually find my brows I use a grey/brown soft pencil to enhance what is left, fill in blanks, etc.  Mascara has to be brown, not black. My lashes have gone somewhere (perhaps to my chin) so I have to be very careful to color them. Very short haired mascara brush is the only kind that works. Less is most definitely more for me and others my age.

My lips are disappearing somewhere, so a bit of color is important. The color red will never touch them. Peachy pink works best.  I know that gravity is no longer my friend (except for keeping me grounded), and the boobs are a definite confirmation of this. Best left undiscussed.

Skin care involves what I've always used - Noxzema for cleansing. I have had one - yes only one - zit in my life. I think Noxzema helps, being somewhat astringent. I use a good night cream and a serum before makeup. And for reasons I can't explain, I only use cold water on my face &  NEVER soap!

I guess I would have to say that soft and light are my heroes. When I see an older woman with heavy makeup, I don't admire her. I think how sad that she's trying to look backward, not forward.

Respected Contributor

i hate that i can no longer "blend in" when out and about.  i had a hint of maturity but my age wasnt easily revealed.    in my early 50s i could pass for much younger.    now my jaw line is no longer tight.   my eyes are very hooded now . i have insurance approval to have a surgical eyelid lift. just scared to have it done.

i don't bother with eyeliner or even much eye shadow.  the colors transfer to the crease.   my other area is my lips. my lips down - not out of anger they just droop.  have that Resting B*tch Face look.  (i hate that!)   lipstick feathers real bad. tried a new lippie yesterday. glad i checked before going out.  bozo the clown lips!

have no words of encouragement. i try to wear all the  necklaces i have because my neck is still halfway decent! look here not there!

Valued Contributor

I have one childhood regret and that is too much sun. I have a medium sun spot on my left cheek.  I wish I had used better skin care when I was younger as well. I have no advice for you but I hope you feel better knowing you are not alone in your aging journey. I will be 62 in a couple of months and I guess each day I wake up is a good one.

Respected Contributor

thinning hair

jowels

middle age spread

need I say more?lol