Trusted Contributor

Are there any skincare lines that are silicone free?

I am having an issue with a few milia and clogged pores. I have dry mature skin but do live in a humid climate so I sweat.I have been using Cerave products and Josie Maran organ oil and now have a few white bumps.Never even heard of milia till a few years ago when I had a couple from Philosophy's eye cream. I now never even use eye cream and boy do I need to.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Are there any skincare lines that are silicone free?

Silicone is less likely to contribute to mila and pore clogging than petrolatum or heavy plant oils. Silicones coat but do not penetrate.
Esteemed Contributor

beauty

That story is so familiar, same thing happened to me, but I even did worse, went exclusively with Kate Someriville and her creams made my undereyes worse.

Than I saw a presentation on Isomers Eye Peel and felt the lady was looking at my eyes.

It is an enzyme so it is very gentle, than you may want to try some Isomers serums and eventually to try an Isomers eye moisturizer.

Oil is the worst for eye issues.

Respected Contributor

I'm using Bobbi Brown's regular Hydrating eye cream and really like it. It seems that until using this I was starting to get milia: Skinn, La Mer, even Bobbi Brown Extra eye cream.-go figure but this works well for me.

Super Contributor

i struggle with similar issues.

any way for me, what I have found that works is through trial and error and trying to stay away from layering products that have a lot of silicone in them.

for my eyes, I use isomers one 3000 ( i think that's what it's called) and then use BB regular eye cream ( i think it's called hydrating eye cream) with no milia problems.

and I am milia prone.

my skin hated smashbox photofinish primer and I think it was the silicone in that product. unfortunately it took me over five years to figure that out.

Esteemed Contributor

Just to throw this out there...

Because I had read to treat that with hot/warm compresses. Which stands to reason. With the heat, you are opening up the pore wall (which is conical shaped) and loosening the debris.

Maybe a change of simple cleansing technique will help. Simple by means of using warm water to moisten & cleanse. (Some may tend not to use warm at all, thinking it may somehow be harmful.)

Trusted Contributor

I don't use any ""cones"" in my skincare. I get clogged pores when I do because I have oily skin and the oils get trapped I suppose. I have been using skincare from Instanatural with fantastic results (I purchase from Amazon but they have a store front) and for foundation I use Bare Minerals serum foundation. I can also use It Cosmetics Celebration. You really need to check ingredients on your POWDERS and moisturizers too. It surprises me how many blushes and powders contain silicones/dimethicone. The instanatural products have been a lie changed for me. Prior to that I used Philosophy Hope in a jar NIGhT because the night cream did not contain cones. It doesn't break me out but I saw zero results in the year-plus that I've been using it.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone,appreciate your input. Never even thought to look at my makeup,now that will keep m busy,lol. Isomers seems to be pretty popular,will have to look into it.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

On 2/7/2015 beauty junkie said:

Thanks everyone,appreciate your input. Never even thought to look at my makeup,now that will keep m busy,lol. Isomers seems to be pretty popular,will have to look into it.

I was very, very disappointed when I did my purge. Laura geller BnB, many blushes, almost all of my liquids contained dimethicone. But it makes no sense to eliminate it from your skincare, only to add it back with your cosmetics!
Trusted Contributor

I can't use anything with dimethicone in it either. Besides causing clogged pores and milia, I also get red bumps. My skin has never been able to tolerate any kind of silicone so I have to read labels carefully. I've found many of Andalou Naturals skincare products do not have silicones in them. I am currently using the Fruit Stem Cell serum and the Super Goji Perfecting cream. I also use several Skinactives products that do not have scones in them: Rejuvenating Night Cream. Vitamin A cream, UV Repair Cream & Antioxidant Day cream. I also use Michael Todd's Knu Antiaging cream. It's really expensive but I've bought it several times on Groupon for about $30. I like Skinn's Regen eye cream fr lifting under my brows but I always get little white pimples and milia so when I finish it up I won't repurchase. I think the only way to get rid of milia is by exfoliation or going to a derm to get them removed. I've been successful getting rid of them with retin-A & MUAC's Radiance peel among a few things.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!