Super Contributor

Re: Are there any hair products/shampoos they add moisture but not grease and don't weigh the hair down?

angelpuppy, we have very similar hair and you have asked a great question.

i appreciate reading the responses.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are there any hair products/shampoos they add moisture but not grease and don't weigh the hair down?

I second Shea Moisture. I use their thickening/anti-breakage shampoo. I get mine at Walgreens on the BOGO 50% off sales every few weeks. I don't use their conditioner but do use just a touch of their thickening milk on the ends of my hair once a week. They have very nourishing hair and skin products. They are free of all bad things and full of all good stuff. I love all of their products. I have Caucasian hair, and their products are in the ethnic section.

Respected Contributor

Well Given the shampoo junkie that I am I have to say Hempz Volumizing ( green metalic bottle) is a great choice. I have long hair and it slightly thickens the hair, moisturizes well and my hair does not feel heavy/over conditioned. Normally a 25oz bottle of shampoo/conditioner is $45 each ( $90 total) BUT beautybrands.com ( and the local physical stores) will have a sale of $12 per bottle a few times a year ( Month of july for sure) and it smells great. Also Ulta may have it.

If you want a drugstore item Clarol's HairFood Volumizing shampoo is very light weight and free of silicone..etc..etc... sold at Target. The conditioner in my opinion is extremely light conditioning for me and i add a little leave-in to moisturize.

Regular Contributor

I have fine, longish hair that gets weighed down VERY easily. It also tends to get dry. What I do that works best for me is I put conditioner on at night on my dry hair. I use Pantene Smooth and Sleek. Then I wash it out in the morning when I shower. For shampoo I am using Suave Professionals Moroccan Shampoo. I love this combo and technique. It makes my hair moisturized and shiny and bouncy!

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for all these great replies and and tips!

We all know how crummy you feel when your hair looks crummy!!!

Every once in awhile I will have such a good hair day. My hair will feel very responsive, light and bouncy. Why? I have no idea. The majority of the time it is frizzing, and if I condition more, it is heavy, dull and rather lifeless.

So, I am looking forward to trying some of these products!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin