Honored Contributor

Re: Are the IT Brow Pencils "all that"?

@ItsME

All that what?

Respected Contributor

I know your mom wants a pencil.  Elf also has a powder gel palette that works really well.  One side is the gel, the other a lighter powder and of course a slanted tip applicator which I tossed and used an Anestasia brush with spoolie instead.  I was sick when A discontinued their brow gel in the flat silver compact. It was my "go to" for years.

I do like the Brow Wiz for the tail of my brow, but like a gel with my own tools for the rest of the brow.  Sounds complicated but I have it down where it takes just a few minutes.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ItsME

All that what?

@Tinkrbl44, tink, I think we've been down this very road before. "All that" means wonderful, excellent, superlative, etc. It is sometimes followed by "and a bag of chips" or some variation thereof.

Robot LOL

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

My DD likes it, but found a Maybelline one she likes just as much for 1/3 of the price. 

Trusted Contributor

Some grocery stores sell elf and drug store.

It brow on sale at ulta 12.00

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ItsME

All that what?

@Tinkrbl44, tink, I think we've been down this very road before. "All that" means wonderful, excellent, superlative, etc. It is sometimes followed by "and a bag of chips" or some variation thereof.

Robot LOL

@suzyQ3

It must be a regional saying, as I've never heard anyone ever say that.    

I've seen the "all that ..."  and it always looks like the last word is missing!  lol   

Respected Contributor

@ItsME One that is considered a dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz is Loreal Stylist Definer. It goes on smoother than the Wiz so I think your Mom would like it. Comes in only 3 shades but I believe they have a taupe. Sold at Walgreens. Check it out the shades on the Walgreen site. I have both the Wiz & the Stylist.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Eh.  For me it was just okay.  I received a full-size one in a kit and then a smaller size in one of the Try Me Kits on QVC.  I used them and would use them again if they were included in a kit but it's not a pencil I would purchase.

I found them too hard.  I personally like the YBF pencil on HSN better but I'm giving the ELF pencil a try that was recommended on another thread by @SilleeMee.   

Exactly what I was going to post.    I went back to the YBF pencil after I was less than enthused about the IT one.

But now I'm going to try the ELF!

ELF made my favorite blush, a stick in pink lemonade.  I got it for a dollar.  I'm at the bottom of it and can't find a new one.  

Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

I use the Joan River Great Hair Day powder. It never comes off til you take it off and the compact lasts forever. 

I've used that in a pinch.  I find I have to be really careful with it not to get it too dark.

And I use the blond (which is great in between hair colorings, which is why I bought it).

But it does last forever and doesn't move!

Honored Contributor

For awhile I was using a L'Oreal brow pencil which came with 2 pencils, a lighter and darker (within each color category).  I would buy it again if I were in the mood to switch.  I liked the 2 color option as they gave me more control over the color and it looked really natural.  I noticed I used one color more than the other, though, and the pencils were not large, so I thought they were a little pricey when I compared to using the YBF.