Valued Contributor

Re: Are Gel Eye Liner Pencils Better?

Urban Decay 24/7 pencils last all day and through an intense spin class!  Same for Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner pots. Nothing compares and I have tried them all

Trusted Contributor

@tototwo  To answer your question I've only tried It gel liners and they went on like a dream,but within a few minutes they had traveled all over my lids and under my eyes. That said I have oily lids and I used a primer. So they just weren't for me. 

The colors were nice,though. 

The only eye pencil that's been tried and true for me is Revlon Colorstay, but it's not a gel. If you don't have oily lids- I have dry skin everywhere else on my face - then all of the other products mentioned may be a good fit for you. 

Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

I can't comment on the IT gel liner, but I made a recent gel pencil find that I'm wildly enthusiastic about because it actually lasts. And lasts. And lasts. It's the Clinique "high impact custom black kajal." Despite the word black in the name, it comes in a brown as well. It lays down really nicely, but just doesn't budge--the first I've found for which that's true, despite all the other brands claiming it. 

Maybe what stays on well differs for everyone depending on their skin type, etc. etc. Probably that's the case. But if you're still looking, this one might be worth a try. I promptly tossed every other pencil I had--it's that good.

New Contributor

Any time better than liquid liners.

Esteemed Contributor

I've always been on the "hunt" for the best eyeliner and have used many. However, I haven't used Urban Decay and aim to get that one. I prefer the gel liner. Trish McEvoy's gel liner was a big disappointment, going on great, good lay down and color, but smeared up and down and didn't last or stay where it should. Bobbi Brown's is good but too much trouble to apply.

The best I've found and am using daily is Dimitri James Skinn chubby gel pencils. They are easy to use, have great color and are the best on my oily eyelid, lasting the longest. I'm ready to purchase his gel slim pencils now.

Respected Contributor

I think I have tried most out there but the only ones I find that work for me are Korres.  I have 2 sets now since I don't want to be without these. I line both top and bottom. You do have to sharpen a bit more than some but worth it to me since I really love these pencils. I have used Mally, IT, Tarte, JM, Smashbox, Benefit, Clinique, BB, you name it plus dept and drug store brands, none work for me as well as these.

I do have sensitive eyes and these don't bother me.

I will say though I also like and use LG eye rimz using them wet they last all day for me for top lining.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, this is certainly confusing -- but enlightening.  Thanks to you all!  Great discussion.  I've taken notes and think I'll check out LG's Inkcredibles. Skinn's slim gel pencils, and Urban Decay.  There's a Beauty Brands store in my neighborhood that carries Laura Geller - a good place to start.  I'm sure glad I didn't buy the IT pencils.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt