Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone with sensitive skin issues able to use DHC Products?

@Campion

Yes, unfortunately even though we have the same condition our skin doesn't respond to products the same way.  It would be nice if there were products that would absolutely be perfect for us all.  There are probably products out there that might be helpful to me, but I am mostly too scared to try.  I dread having a reaction and then having to deal with that.

Being that I am of German heritage, am extremely fair and have such, I guess you would call it "uber sensitive skin", I have been subject to unknown skin maladies my whole life. Age doesn't seem to help either!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny that disfiguring skin conditions are long ignored by the medical community. I used to teach some med school courses and the joke was that the laziest doctors (this is NOT true) would go into dermatology because it didn't require you to be called in late at night.

I long suspected that rosacea was caused by an allergic response to some kind of infection and there is some finding that it's something given off by microscopic skin mites.

Both rosacea and acne are disfiguring if untreated. I knew one guy who had the "whiskey nose" and it affected his salary because he was not liked as he was unpleasant-looking (and what a nice guy, too.)  I think they need to find a remedy for rosacea because it's clearly not just expanded capilaries due to drinking or sensitive skin. The key is the blisters or pustules--cannot be just enlarged capilaries if you are getting a skin response like that. 

This article on causes of rosacea is long overdue. I mean, I was in grad school for immunology (which is related to derm) in the Seventies. 

Honored Contributor

@Campion... Immunology was my field too! I came on the scene when T-cells were new! Also, testing for lupus was done on little slides and looking for fluorescing DNA! Thank you for the article link!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@AngelPuppy1... I did not care for the velvet skin coat. It broke me out and felt "siliconey"
I love the caffeine wand for under-eyes.

I had a similar reaction to Velvet Skin Coat.  Even if it had not caused my skin to break out I probably would have not used the product because I did not care for the slippery texture.

My skin is a little sensitive and other than Velvet Coat I've never had a problem using any DHC product.  Like many my favorite DHC product is the Olive Cleansing Oil.  It doesn't come up a lot in my posts, but you can't do much better from any brand at any price for an oil based cleanser.  They discontinued my favorite moisturizer and it was replaced with Beauty Lift Milk.  I liked it better when the formula was olive oil whipped into a light cream called Light Balm.  Another line within the brand which I like is the Acerola products.  Acerola is an excellent vitamin C option for those of us who suffer hyperpigmentation and wish to avoid hydroquinoine.   

Trusted Contributor

I have used DHC everyday for 15 years now. I have sensitive skin I am allergic to fragrance. I use: Olive Oil Cleanser, Olive Oil Soap, Extra Night Time Moisturizer, Lip Cream Duo, White Sunscreen. These are staples for me. 

This company is excellent.

Honored Contributor

@Trix

Thanks for your reply and for listing what works for you!! 

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover

Thanks for posting!  That's great that you seemed to have found products that work for you.  And obviously if you are using for 15 years -- you must love them!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Campion

Thank you for your reply and for the article.  It was very interesting.  I do wish they could come up with some better treatments for us!!!  

People who don't suffer with this just dismiss it and think it's just a little old thing --- redness -- big deal.  Its way more than that.  And it can and does progress.  I also have ocular rosacea.  And not to mention what it does to your self-esteem.

And as you have stated, people do judge you by your appearance and it does impede you in your business, social and personal life.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover

Thank you for the reminder... I used to love the DHC lip tube... and will order more of that one!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~