Honored Contributor

Anyone with sensitive skin issues able to use DHC Products?

I just got a new catalog and they seem to have some new products.  I keep wanting to try but am afraid I will have issues.

Does anyone here who has really sensitive skin use any of the products, and if so, which ones?

Thanks so much.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone with sensitive skin issues able to use DHC Products?

I have very sensitive skin and also fragrance problems. I've been using DHC for years. The only one of their line I can't use is the CoQ10 stuff. It breaks me out. Other than that, I get compliments on my skin all the time. I use the tocopherol cream, the regular "rich moisture" line (white and blue bottles), the Olive Leaf formula (love those) and the deep cleansing oil. 

Frequent Contributor

I'm so glad you started this thread, because I have recently decided to explore DHC products and I, too, have sensitive skin.  The olive oil cleanser is great and doesn't bother my skin at all... and my skin feels so soft after using it.

The mild soap (which is used after the olive oil cleanser) doesn't sting or irritate my skin,but it does leave it feeling dry, so I think the next time I will take a look at a creamier cleanser instead of a soap cleanser.

I just ordered a couple of  creamy moisturizers from DHC so I can't comment about that yet.

One item that is an absolute standout (and a splurge) is the bio-cellulose mask (the one in the red package, it costs $9,50).  Wow, and wow!  No stinging whatsoever, and it left my face incredibly soft and moisturized without any greasiness whatsoever. My skin still looks soft three days later.  In fact, I was so impressed with this pricey mask that I ordered three more.  Because of the cost, I will only use once or twice a month, but it's a real treat!  I was truly impressed.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used the olive oil cleanser forever, it's the only thing that removes waterproof mascara effectively. I used to use soap after, not any more, just the deep cleansing oil.

I, too, could not use the CoQ10 products. They made my eyes weep. The nice thing about DHC is that their catalogs arrive with free samples and you get to choose more free samples when you place an order. You get to try before you buy.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@Campion

Thank you for listing the products that work and don't work for you!!  Oddly enough I was thinking of usin the CoQ10 things and these seem to be the most problematic.  

Honored Contributor

@Barbara Mom of 5

Thank you for answering!  I keep looking at the Olive products, esp. the oil.  But being that it is an "oil", I am thinking --- grease and clogged pores.  I seem to have a problem with finding a product to thoroughly and gently remove my facial makeup.  And then you have to use another product to further cleanse and drying is a problem.  

If you think about it, after you have tried your moisturizers for awhile, would you post and give a review on them?  I would appreciate what your thoughts are!  

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

Thank you for replying!

Do you find that the oil clogs your pores or does it really rinse away with no residue as the catalog states?

I remember when they used to send the catalog with quite a few samples, now they only send 2!  

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering -- does anyone use the Velvent Skin Coat?  I am fascinated by this product but am afraid I will have a reaction.

Also, they have a new product called Quick Film Smoother that looks intriguing.  Anyone use this one yet?

Thanks so much all for your posts!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1, as hard as it is to conceive, I never feel a residue on my skin after I've rinsed the olive oil cleanser off. Skin just feels soft. There is something about it that emulsifiers so well in plain warm water. If I have worn foundation that day, I will use my Clarisonic, but on most days I just use the olive cleanser, rinse well, and apply my moisturizers.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

Thanks for answering!

So, you just use the oil to cleanse and rinse and do not use any other cleanser after?

I do not use clarisonic or any of those things as my skin just acts up if I use any appliance of any kind.

If I do too much or too little I get into trouble!  Finding a balance for me is really tricky.