Respected Contributor

Anyone watching Sunday Morning about argon oil

They showed how goats climb the argon trees in Morocco and they eat the nuts which go in one end and out the other then the people collect the argon nuts from the goat poop.  The process helps make the argon nuts easier to crack. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Sunday Morning about argon oil

[ Edited ]

I finally suckered in and bought that tub of whipped argon body butter of Josies.......yuk, I hate the stuff......I used it very sparingly and ended up with grease spots on my upholstered chair.......it's still on my bathroom shelf, but I know I'll eventually pitch it.

Respected Contributor

I like argon oil and use it but just found the segment on Sunday Morning very interesting. 

Honored Contributor

Ewwwwwwwww  Dang goats. fence 'em out of the trees.

Trusted Contributor

I did see this, just a few minutes ago.

Honored Contributor

I did- FASCINATING. 

I love using Argon Oil, but I don't pay monster prices for what I buy. Maybe it's genuine, maybe it isn't but it performs differently on my skin and hair than anything else I've ever used.

I just use it plain, not in shampoos or creams or whatever.

Anyway, I was glad I happened to catch the TV piece.

Trusted Contributor

The pure oil seems to be deemed to be eaten.  Reminds me of some very expensive coffee found in the poop of certain monkeys.  A bit weird.

Trusted Contributor

@evelyner, yes that special coffee that was in the movie "Bucket List" -

Kopi luwak (Indonesian pronunciation: [ˈkopi ˈlu.aʔ]), or civet coffee, refers to the coffee that includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet   (Wikipedia)

Honored Contributor

@evelyner wrote:

The pure oil seems to be deemed to be eaten.  Reminds me of some very expensive coffee found in the poop of certain monkeys.  A bit weird.

LOL!!!  I was thinking about that monkey/coffee thing.  The whole argan oil thing looks sort of nasty to me.  Ick!  They sort of pronounced it differently too didn't they?

Esteemed Contributor

Just coming here to post about it!  Fascinating.

Loved the goats climbing around in the trees!

Interesting to see that it also gave work to many Morrocan women who would otherwise be very poor.

However, I was sad to see some companies are now using machinery to extract the oil rather than the hand process.