Esteemed Contributor

Anyone use hyaluronic acid and vitamin C serum??

I've been reading so many articles about celebrities that use these and look so good! Wonder if any of you use these products..I see many...listed on various websites..not pricey either! Tia!!!!!Cat Wink

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone use hyaluronic acid and vitamin C serum??

I do, but I use them separately. Vit C can be a bit strong and my skin is really sensitive, so I don't use it every day, like I do hyaluronic acid serum. Also, Vit C serum needs to be stored carefully, protected from light and heat.

I use Dr Denese Hydroshield for hyaluronic acid. There are others available that cost less, I just like this one and I get it in a kit with other products I use.

Make sure whatever Vit C you choose, that it comes in a dark bottle and you keep in in a cabinet, rather than sitting out. I also would recommend that you buy in small quantities. I really is not very shelf stable. 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

I have both of these products in my Wish List on Amazon.  I just received a $50 gift card from a friend so will probably pull the trigger on this soon.  I am still researching but I like what I read.

Regular Contributor

I've been using Derma-e night cream - about $24 at Walgreens - and I really think it's working. It has hyaluronic acid in it. My face is so soft and hydrated. I'm going to keep using it. I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on products when much more reasonable products have the same ingredient. From what I've read it's the hyaluronic acid that does the job. If I had been smart I would have gone into the high priced wrinkle cream industry long ago. If you charge a ton of money most women will believe it's better and buy it. I'm sticking with Derma-e.
Regular Contributor

I use the Paula's Choice version of these products.  I just started with them,  so I can't really say how effective they are,  but they get excellent reviews and her prices are reasonable.   I mix them in with my moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

I have used a vitamin C serum for as long as I can remember--it is one of the three necessary skincare items to me, along with sunscreen and some type of a retinoid. I recently started using hyaluronic acid as well. I use Paula's Choice versions, both applied directly to my skin. The hyaluronic I only use above my lip and in the 11 lines. I have just started mixing it with an eye cream to use at night. It has really softened the wrinkles ( at first I wrote fine lines, LOL, but who am I kidding? )
Honored Contributor

Yes both. My vitamin C serum contain Hylauronic acid and I'm pretty sure my moisturizer contains HA as well.

Trusted Contributor

Yes. Both are excellent ingredients.

Here is a primer on both (from Beautypedia):

VITAMIN C

HYALURONIC ACID

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

I was using Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum (contains the SAP form of Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid, and some other beneficial ingredients) for quite awhile and liked it a lot, but then I ended up trying a Korean one that I liked pretty well, but it wasn't stabilized and the Vitamin C would oxidize faster than I could use the bottle.  Then I was tempted to try an Isomers TTV and there was a serum in the kit that contained the MAP form Vitamin C and Sodium Hyaluronate, Glutathiosome, and some other beneficial ingredients.  The serum is quite nice.  It's usually quite expensive, and I'd never pay the single item price, but that kit was too good a value to discontinue it - even if I don't use all of the other components. 

You're right, emmysmom, there are a lot of options out there for a Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Acid serum and members here have their favorites.  You'll get lots of recommendations, but don't forget to do your own homework as well to see which you think you'd like better.  There are different forms of Vitamin C, too; L-Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate - a couple others, too, but these are the most common in serums.  Here's an article that might be of interest, in helping you get started in your research.
 https://www.truthinaging.com/review/vitamin-c-actives-choosing-the-right-one 

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I was using Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum (contains the SAP form of Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid, and some other beneficial ingredients) for quite awhile and liked it a lot, but then I ended up trying a Korean one that I liked pretty well, but it wasn't stabilized and the Vitamin C would oxidize faster than I could use the bottle.  Then I was tempted to try an Isomers TTV and there was a serum in the kit that contained the MAP form Vitamin C and Sodium Hyaluronate, Glutathiosome, and some other beneficial ingredients.  The serum is quite nice.  It's usually quite expensive, and I'd never pay the single item price, but that kit was too good a value to discontinue it - even if I don't use all of the other components. 

You're right, emmysmom, there are a lot of options out there for a Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Acid serum and members here have their favorites.  You'll get lots of recommendations, but don't forget to do your own homework as well to see which you think you'd like better.  There are different forms of Vitamin C, too; L-Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate - a couple others, too, but these are the most common in serums.  Here's an article that might be of interest, in helping you get started in your research.
 https://www.truthinaging.com/review/vitamin-c-actives-choosing-the-right-one 

Thanks so much Jean and to the others for posting! I'm going to read the article you posted.

Cat Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West