Respected Contributor

Anyone use NYX products? Recomendations please

I have and use a tiny   hard candy small pencil type concealer since all I need it for is a small red dot between my eyes. Nothing else seems to work since every other one is so large and all I need is a tiny tiny dot.

I saw NYX has a pencil one but is a full size large pencil.

My friend also recommends their butter lipsticks but I am sort of picky with lipsticks so, asking here if anyone uses and likes any of the NYX products.

thanks so much

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone use NYX products? Recomendations please

I've been using NYX Gleam in the darker shade for a bit of highlight on cheekbones. A little goes a long way but you can easily back it off with a damp sponge.

Get several hours of wear out of it but it is made in China, read the label after using so I may not repurchase.

Respected Contributor

Mega Shine lip gloss, Butter lip gloss, cream blushes and single eye shadows. I hear their matte but not flat foundation and HD concealer are good, but I have not tried them 

Esteemed Contributor

I highly recommend the powder eyeshadows.  The color spectrum is terrific and the finishes range from matte to high shimmer.  I really like the way the shadows lay down in application and the wear time. In my honest opinion I favorably compare them to Bobbi Brown powder eyeshadows which have been on my favorite list for years.  I've even been able to color match a few of my BB favorites to similar shades in NYX.  

Valued Contributor

I use NYX's eyeshadow base in "skin tone".  You can use it for what it was intended for...to keep eyeshadow from fading and keeping its true color on longer.  But I use it on the ends of my eye brows to help keep my brow tail from fading once I apply brow gel.  It keeps my brow from fading off.  Love it for that reason alone. 

Respected Contributor

I love their butter gloss. I found 2 colors I adore and bought 5 each. I bought an illuminating finishing powder that's supposed to be a dupe of Bobbi Brown's but haven't tried it yet.
Respected Contributor

I use NYX dark circle concealer in fair. It does a good job neurtalizing redness for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVE their lipsticks especially the "Extra Creamy Round" ones. LOTS of beautiful colors...my fave is Indian Pink. It's hard to pick (my best 3 pic) but affordable enough to try lots of different colors. Haven't found a bad one yet. So many lipsticks...so little time...

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/extra-creamy-round-lipstick/NYX_006.html

Honored Contributor

I've used some NYX in the past with very good results - the skintone eyeshadow base, some lipsticks, and eyeshadows.  The eyeshadow are well pigmented and give an excellent color payoff.  The only problem with them is that they have a lot of talc in them.  Talc is an cheap filler in eyeshadows.  It can be irritating for some, and cause dryness in others.  These days I'm buying more talc free products, but I still haven't pitched the collection of NYX eyeshadows.  I haven't used them in a long time, but I'm still not ready to part with them.  You'll have to decide on your own, how you feel about talc in cosmetics.  One other thing, NYX Cosmetics claims to be a cruelty free brand, but their parent company, L'Oreal, is still on Paula's list of companies that test on animals.  Again, you'll have to decide where you stand on that one.   

Trusted Contributor

NYX Matte Finish setting spray

NYX Tinted Brow Mascara

NXY Blotting Powder