Esteemed Contributor

Anyone seen the It Cosmetics Infomercial?

If this has been asked here before, please ignore.

I watched the TV infomercial this morning for It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation makeup kit with Jamie Kern Lima. I was a little surprised that she could sell that much product for so little money, plus a 'free' gift of the color disk and brush (which was sold on QVC Saturday morning). What's the catch? This seems too good to be true, so I'll avoid it.

Just curious............ any opinions?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor

Re: Anyone seen the It Cosmetics Infomercial?

I think someone on here said that is just the first payment.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw it in the middle of the night once and thought the same--all that product for such a great price. Went to the website and it is just the first of three installment payments!

Super Contributor

I truly enjoyed a dose of common sense, tototwo.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info. I didn't hear on the infomercial that the $29 was the first of 3 installments. Duh! I kept waiting for them to 'drop the other shoe,' so to speak, and give me the bad news. That print on the screen must have been so tiny, I couldn't see it - and I was looking!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

I haven't seen the commercial but on the website they have two sizes: introductory size and full size. The introductory size really does seem to be the price that's stated - $29 or $39, depending on whether you get the eyeliner and brow pencil - + $6 for shipping. I called CS and those products are definitely smaller, about half the size of the full size products. But still, you're getting half the product for 1/3 the money. Seems like a better deal on the intro sizes.

I didn't write down the sizes for all the products, but the full size foundation is 1.07 oz, the intro size is .51. The concealer full size is .17oz, and intro size is .07. The other products followed the same pattern.

Esteemed Contributor

I avoid infomercials becasue there's always a catch. And even more when free shipping is advertised! Like others posted here, the price is only the 1st installment. Or they push you into the 'fuill size' because the deal is  only a 1 month or travel size. Or you have to sign up for auto delivery and they make it difficult to cance.  Or the worst yet- it's not the same quality product! I know Wen, for example, is less moisturizing than QVC or brick and mortar stores. I heard it first hand from the Wen staff at the last beauty bash!

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've ever watched any beauty informercial, including WEN. They just don't interest me.

With that said, I am actually a bit surprised she went the GR route.

yes I was going to order, but it is mandatory to commit to an automatic order every 12 weeks. I did not want to do that, but was not an option to opt out!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I' e seen the IT Cosmetics Guthy Renker infomercial. Jaime's face looks green in that infomercial likely due to the poor color match and the heavy duty camera filters. It seems like a lot of Q vendors have jumped on the GR infomercial selling bandwagon!