Esteemed Contributor

I really, really like the yellow powder and the yellow cover cream.

I also liked the eyebrow pencils.

Regular Contributor

I have used her eyebrow pencils since her Models Prefer days at the Q. They used to last for years but not since she was forced out at the Q and created the new ybf line at HSN. Pencil lead breaks off easily, seems dry, and different from her original 'universal taupe.' The product is now flimsy lightweight plastic, hard to grasp. I miss the original.

Respected Contributor
Well I'm about to order a new ybf pencil. I sure hope it's like it was before. Also, I love her packaging with the bling!
Trusted Contributor

I like a few of her things -

Her eyebrow pencil is great. I've been using it for years.

I also enjoy the cream high lighter she sells and a few of her glosses.

Her face products don't really work for me though. The yellow product made me break out. Her foundation was a bit too sheer at the time for me too.

Honored Contributor

I love the eybrow pencil and the yellow powder. The rest of the stuff I don't care for at all.

Honored Contributor
On 2/8/2015 Reba055 said:
On 2/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/8/2015 Reba055 said: Her eyebrow pencil is much better on me than IT. I changed to IT when thy were running a special but I'm going back to YBF.

Reba, what did you like better about her pencil?

I have pretty dark eyebrows but quite a bit of gray is coming in. My hair has dark roots but is highlighted heavy so I'm basically blonde. I don't like for my eyebrows to appear too dark (I'm over 50). Ybf for me is easy to fill in and cover a few grays without getting too heavy looking. I can use the spooley and get it to blend and look natural. IT was just too dark and waxy no matter how light a touch I used. I have heard complaints about ybf breaking off but that hasn't happened to me. Also, the IT tip seemed to get too round and thick as I used it whereas ybf stayed sorta sharpened on it's own which allowed finer strokes and control.

Thanks so much for the thorough reply. Yesterday I had purchased the IT product at Ulta. I'll give it a chance. I bought the skinny version, which is touted as giving a more natural look.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor
On 2/8/2015 betteb said:
On 2/8/2015 poregirl said:

you can find them at allcosmeticswholesale discounted online

I don't see YBF or Models Prefer list on that site

They used to have ton of it. I'm guessing it sold out in their big clearance sale.

Honored Contributor
On 2/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/8/2015 Reba055 said: Her eyebrow pencil is much better on me than IT. I changed to IT when thy were running a special but I'm going back to YBF.

I have pretty dark eyebrows but quite a bit of gray is coming in. My hair has dark roots but is highlighted heavy so I'm basically blonde. I don't like for my eyebrows to appear too dark (I'm over 50). Ybf for me is easy to fill in and cover a few grays without getting too heavy looking. I can use the spooley and get it to blend and look natural. IT was just too dark and waxy no matter how light a touch I used. I have heard complaints about ybf breaking off but that hasn't happened to me. Also, the IT tip seemed to get too round and thick as I used it whereas ybf stayed sorta sharpened on it's own which allowed finer strokes and control.

Thanks so much for the thorough reply. Yesterday I had purchased the IT product at Ulta. I'll give it a chance. I bought the skinny version, which is touted as giving a more natural look.

If it matters, I thought the YBF pencil was far superior to the IT pencil I used as well. IT was too dark for me. Part of tha was because it was so hard, I had to really press to apply the product at all.

The one I used was the universal brow power pencil. I've not tried the others.

Honored Contributor
On 2/9/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

If it matters, I thought the YBF pencil was far superior to the IT pencil I used as well. IT was too dark for me. Part of tha was because it was so hard, I had to really press to apply the product at all.

The one I used was the universal brow power pencil. I've not tried the others.

Thanks. So far so good with the IT pencil. It is the skinny version of the universal one. It seems to be a very good shade for me. I've only used it twice now, though.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I see so many using the eyebrow pencil. I did, too, when it was Model's Prefer on QVC. And when she left, I ordered directly from the company before she dissolved it for YBF.

I'll tell you, I learned about the Milani eyebrow pencil on the bb and I have never looked back. I get it in the natural taupe (which is like the universal taupe of MP and YBF). I prefer the little brush on the MP that I kept and use that instead of the one on the Milani. For $6 for a much larger pencil with basically the same results, I am a happy camper. They are available at Walmart, Walgreens and CVS.