Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have luck with a firming product?

@SilleeMee approximately how old were you when this procedure was done? TIA.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44,

Is that price shocking or not?

@SilleeMee

Actually, I have no idea, lol.    

I've heard of this procedure, but have never really investigated it.    I live in Los Angeles, the land of plastic surgeons ... and dermatologists.   I've got older friends who've gotten face lifts that can only be described as spectacular .... but they paid a LOT.    

Thanks for the info!

@Tinkrbl44 I believe every word you've said in this post, but. I cannot understand why some very well known celebrities, both women and men, mutilate themselves as they do at the hands of plastic surgeons.

Why would an ethical PS succumb to the lure of the buck rather than refusing on the basis of professional ethics to cut when too much cutting has already been done? I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@rickiraccoon,

I had it done in Colorado. I think I saw prices upward to around 5000 for this type thing. 

Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee, that's closer to the price I was expecting. I haven't seen him yet, but I'm thinking it'll be around $3000-$4000. I'm in Washington btw. Would probably just pay cash if I can find it for your price. I'm very happy for you and really appreciate your sharing!

Honored Contributor

@Tique,

I was 57 when I had it done. My years of abusing my being finally took a toll on me and when I stopped the  self-destruction I then rewarded myself with something positive.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@rickiraccoon wrote:

@SilleeMee, that's closer to the price I was expecting. I haven't seen him yet, but I'm thinking it'll be around $3000-$4000. I'm in Washington btw. Would probably just pay cash if I can find it for your price. I'm very happy for you and really appreciate your sharing!

@rickiraccoon,

Some derms will give a sizable discount if you pay with cash! I had some dark spots lasered away and paid cash. As I recall, I must have saved nearly 30% of what it would have cost had I used a cc. I would definitely ask about any discounts!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44,

Is that price shocking or not?

@SilleeMee

Actually, I have no idea, lol.    

I've heard of this procedure, but have never really investigated it.    I live in Los Angeles, the land of plastic surgeons ... and dermatologists.   I've got older friends who've gotten face lifts that can only be described as spectacular .... but they paid a LOT.    

Thanks for the info!

@Tinkrbl44 I believe every word you've said in this post, but. I cannot understand why some very well known celebrities, both women and men, mutilate themselves as they do at the hands of plastic surgeons.

Why would an ethical PS succumb to the lure of the buck rather than refusing on the basis of professional ethics to cut when too much cutting has already been done? I don't get it.

@violann

I don't think anyone ever deliberately "mutilates" themselves.  

I also don't think a lot of plastic surgeries are "unethical".  Some people have unrealistic expectations .... and more money than brains.  

And who decides when "too much" cutting has been done?     What happens when someone goes to a PS to correct the work of another PS?    

Yes, it's not uncommon for a PS to refuse to do work on a person .... but when would we ever hear about that publicly?   All that happens is the insistent person keeps going to different doctors for consultations until they find someone who'll do the surgery.   

There's one thing that many of us cannot begin to fully appreciate .....   and that is working in a field where your APPEARANCE can make or break whether you get the job.   And after that is completed, you have to get another job .... and another .... and another.   Losing out on acting jobs repeatedly to someone who is younger ..... well .....   that's not my idea of a glamorous job.

Honored Contributor

You know @Tinkrbl44, I am happily retired and once thought why have any procedure done..? For what reason? I'm not competing for a job anymore. I did this laser thing because I found it so difficult to look at myself in the mirror everyday and see what I had done to myself with the years of self-destructing abuse...bad choices in life I made had taken a toll on me and it really showed on my face. After I came clean and began a healthy lifestyle, I decided to turn back the clock. I truly believe that If I had been clean in the beginning, I would probably not have gotten so old-looking so fast.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You know @Tinkrbl44, I am happily retired and once thought why have any procedure done..? For what reason? I'm not competing for a job anymore. I did this laser thing because I found it so difficult to look at myself in the mirror everyday and see what I had done to myself with the years of self-destructing abuse...bad choices in life I made had taken a toll on me and it really showed on my face. After I came clean and began a healthy lifestyle, I decided to turn back the clock. I truly believe that If I had been clean in the beginning, I would probably not have gotten so old-looking so fast.

@I have always ALWAYS looked older than my CA, @SilleeMee, and I also had terrible health habits for years and years.

When I fnally found out how to improve my health, part of the package was losing 80+ pounds.

My skin now hangs everywhere. I look probably 5-10 years older than I actually am. Would I rather regain the weight to look a couple years younger, while still looking older than my CA anyway? NOPE!

Super Contributor

was the procedure called laser tighting? or is there some other name for it like thermage