Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Doll10 TSV?

@I like celery wrote:

@WenDoll10girl wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

@WenDoll10girl wrote:

@MrsCat21 wrote:

I ordered it yesterday.  Last thing I need is another foundation but I love to try new things  Smiley Happy

How were you able to order? Did you have to call? I have been trying and says sold out.

@WenDoll10girl  Are you trying to order "Fair?"  I believe @RainyDayGal posted the "Fair" gives you a "sold out" message, once you try to add it to your shopping cart -- even though it initially shows it's "in stock."    HTH 

@I like celery 

Yes. I already have my light for the summer so I really need it in fair. Thanks. I don't know why it would say in stock and then sold out. I hope they fix this if they really have the item in stock.

@WenDoll10girl  I definitely think the "Fair" will be available on the TSV date, but I agree with what Jean mentioned about QVC only having a certain number of each shades / colors available for pre-ordering.  You could keep checking, though, as maybe more will become available?  I honestly don't know, but it might be worth it to check. Hope it works out! 

Thank you.
Formally NewtoWen
Super Contributor

I like her products.  Have an eye shadow pallette that I USE daily.  Amazing pigmented perfect natural colors.  Also love her mascara.   I will have to see the presentation for the TSV, does anyone know when it is?

Honored Contributor

@ladygirl wrote:

I like her products.  Have an eye shadow pallette that I USE daily.  Amazing pigmented perfect natural colors.  Also love her mascara.   I will have to see the presentation for the TSV, does anyone know when it is?

@ladygirl someone posted the date on a post in this thread.  June 14.  I don't think I've ever see an eyeshadow palette onair or online- I didn't know she had those.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

OK, after using the kit yesterday and today, here's my review...

HydraGel Foundation - I already like this and wanted more before my next A/D was scheduled to ship so this TSV came along at the perfect time.  I have medium toned, normal skin.  The medium shade is just right for me - no yellow, more neutral.  I deliberately took very small amounts and would repeat as needed to get the coverage I wanted with the least amount of product.  @HappyDaze - I was able to make it sheer w/o amending it in any way.  The foundation is buildable for someone who wants more coverage by just repeating the process until it's to their liking.

HydraGel Concealer - You have to be very careful when dispensing.  If you squeeze the tube too hard, you'll end up with way too much.  A tiny (pinhead) amount is all you need for starters and add another pinhead amount if needed.  It did a very good job of concealing my broken capillaries.  I used it with the small end of the included brush and applied over the foundation.

HydraGel Cheek Balm - on the listing, the color is described as a soft nude rose.  This is very accurate when looking at it in the pan.  On my cheeks, I could barely see anything but a faint tint.  The application, with the large side of the included brush, was very easy, but it took me a couple of times to see if I could build the color, which I couldn't.  I will be trying the cheek balm in other colors.

Yesterday, I left everything as is and felt too dewey for my preference.  A couple of hours after application, I couldn't see the blush at all.  This morning I used a little RCMA No Color Powder to set the blush and not get that dewiness.  I like it better that way.

Luxe Lip Color - IMO, this is right up there with the typical Doris Dalton nudes, but there is a pale pink hue to it rather than the usual beige.  Again, not a color I'd typically choose.  I wasn't fond of the lipstick alone on me as nudes often just look pasty on me like a color an undertaker would use.  The gloss over the lipstick did help the color to pink up a little and the look went right along with that "natural" look.

Effortlash Mascara - In one word...LOVE!  The brush has very short bristles so it's easier to get to the base of the lashes.  In two coats I had fullness and great length without clumping or creating spider lashes.  I like this mascara so much that I've already ordered more. (A275118)

The Brush - it's OK.  I'm not a fan of double ended brushes because I find them inconvenient to store.  Both ends worked fine, but I probably wouldn't buy the brush since I have plenty of other brush options already.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about the kit.   I'm pleased with foundation, concealer, and mascara, even though the blush and lipstick didn't knock my socks off.  The price of the kit is still better for the items I do like as opposed to buying them individually.  I'm going to keep my A/D because future installments will include new lipstick and blush colors.  Hopefully they'll be more to my liking.  And if they aren't, I'll still have the products I like for a good price.

@JeanLouiseFinch excellent review, thank you! Good to hear it can be sheered out easily by just using a light touch. I think it sounds like I might like the blush and lipgloss/lipstick color for my fair complexion. I use mostly pinks and mauves, sometimes very light peachy pinks too. It sounds like the lipgloss/stick are in this shade range? I really wish they'd show the AD colors.

Super Contributor

I can't remember where I got them maybe her website or ebay!

Frequent Contributor

Hi all.  I don't really post on here, but enjoy following along on the boards.  I just wanted to let anyone who is looking for the TSV in "Fair" to know that I was able to order it today, after trying for days to add to my cart.  Hope others who are looking for it are able to order, too!

Valued Contributor

@sly1216 wrote:

Hi all.  I don't really post on here, but enjoy following along on the boards.  I just wanted to let anyone who is looking for the TSV in "Fair" to know that I was able to order it today, after trying for days to add to my cart.  Hope others who are looking for it are able to order, too!

@sly1216 Thanks for letting everyone know. I tried again just now and thought would be able to buy. After confirming auto delivery it does not add to the cart.
Formally NewtoWen
Frequent Contributor

oh no!  That stinks!!  I couldn't get past that stage either, but i finally did so I thought i'd share hoping others could get theirs.  Maybe they'll add more soon Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sly1216 wrote:

oh no!  That stinks!!  I couldn't get past that stage either, but i finally did so I thought i'd share hoping others could get theirs.  Maybe they'll add more soon Smiley Frustrated

I was hoping that too Smiley Sad

Formally NewtoWen
Respected Contributor

I just saw a YouTube video showing the contents of the upcoming Doll 10 TSV.  The person mentions she's not really reviewing the kit, but just showing the contents, along with a few thoughts.  She ordered the kit in "Light," and starts off by showing color swatches of the HydraGel Foundation and HydraGel Concealer.  Next she shows the Double-Ended Conceal and Cover Brush, Effortless Mascara, Lipstick / Lip Gloss, and the HydraGel Cheek Balm.

I was really interested in seeing the color swatches of the lipstick and lip gloss, and if anyone wants to skip right to that, it's right around the 4:00 mark.  The cheek balm swatch follows at right around the 5:00 mark.

I thought the lip and cheek colors were really pretty, but they may be too nude for some.  Here's the link, if anyone wants to check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sx1KxHMQiA 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥