Honored Contributor

Anyone get or getting the new Kat Von D palette??

I am very tempted. I always loved the quality of her palettes but haven't bought a new one in a long time. I don't know if they are still as good as they were?

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone get or getting the new Kat Von D palette??

[ Edited ]

Hey Happy, Kat has such great blendable shadows.  I love her shadow quads so much that I bought backups. The colors in this new set are intriguing. I cant wear metallics, so not sure I will buy this palette.

You know what is my current favorite shadow set? Anastasia's Modern Renaissance. I never thought the colors would work for my blue/green eyes, but they do. The quailty is super and they apply creamy. This. one is always out of stock in my neck of the woods. 

Anyway, if you grab Kat's, please post what you think. You always tempt me to buy.😄

Honored Contributor

Love it but I have enough, OMG do I!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't think I would get much use out of it, because the colors don't really appeal to me. I want to get her shade and light palette, but I have about a million neutral shadows. The one palette I'll be getting this holiday season is the ABH Makeup by Mario palette. I cannot wait. It has enough neutrals in it that I'll really use it, but a few different shades to mix it up just enough (at least for me -- lol!!) Enjoy the KVD palette if you get it, @HappyDaze!!

Honored Contributor

I think I might have to get it. I love that it includes metal crush shadows and that it actually has color. I'm so sick and tired of neutrals. I do really love her shade and light shadow quads that I bought. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ooo did you see they came out with refillable Shade and Light contour palette ( the face one). I already own the orginal one that isn't refillable. But I like that I can just buy the two shades I use the most. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I am very tempted. I always loved the quality of her palettes but haven't bought a new one in a long time. I don't know if they are still as good as they were?

I just purchased Kat Von D's everlasting liquid lipstick at Saphora.  I really like it.  The colors are so pigmented.  I think I will have to get a lighter color to mix with the color I purchased just because I would like it a little lighter.  The product is good though.  I loved the first season of her tattoo show.  She had the best artists.  She is an amazing artist.  The tattoos they did were amazing.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze  OMG! That's beautiful! I have her Monarch pallet, her contour pallet and one of her mini eye pallets. Her powders whether for the eyes or face are fantastic! They blend so effortlessly, and they are so pigmented. I think I've loved everything I've bought from KVD beauty. I'm going to go look online at this. It's so tempting, but I do not need another e/s pallet, but I may cave on this one! 

Honored Contributor

I have three of her older palettes and love all three. Here are two of them.

True romance:

Image result for old kat von d palettes true romance

Ladybird (all matte):

Sounds like the quality is still great so that is good. I also loved her liners that were in these kits- wish you could still buy them as they stay in place forever and I even have to use coconut oil to remove them completely as it is the only eyeliner that my facial cleanser doesn't completely remove.

Anyway, I am going to see if I can check it out in person at Sephora first but I ams sure I will love it, especially if they are the same quality as they used to be! I really don't *need* anymore palettes or eyeshadows in general and was going to try some MakeupGeek singles before I bought anything else so not sure what I will do.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I have three of her older palettes and love all three. Here are two of them.

True romance:

Ladybird (all matte):

Sounds like the quality is still great so that is good. I also loved her liners that were in these kits- wish you could still buy them as they stay in place forever and I even have to use coconut oil to remove them completely as it is the only eyeliner that my facial cleanser doesn't completely remove.

Anyway, I am going to see if I can check it out in person at Sephora first but I ams sure I will love it, especially if they are the same quality as they used to be! I really don't *need* anymore palettes or eyeshadows in general and was going to try some MakeupGeek singles before I bought anything else so not sure what I will do.

I love both of those!! I really like that burgundy in the Ladybird. Perfect for fall!