Respected Contributor

Anybody try new Tresemme Beautiful Volume?

You condition first, then shampoo. I'm very interested. If you've tried it, what are your thoughts?
Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody try new Tresemme Beautiful Volume?

Hey, @Rachb! I actually bought it last week (maybe 2?), when Walgreens had the buy two get one free on hair care. Hubby needed shampoo, so I got these, and with my points, it was something ridiculous like $4, so I figured, what the heck, I'll try it! I've used it 3-4 times, and I'm still on the fence. The first time I used it, I felt like my hair wasn't conditioned enough. The second time, I felt the same after I rinsed out the shampoo, so I put a TINY bit of my regular conditioner back on the ends, and that did the trick. As for more volume, I don't feel like I get more, but I want to try it a few more times, to get a better feel for it. It's not a BAD product, IMO, but nothing to rave about thus far. HTH!

Regular Contributor

I personally  like the feeling of my hair after I shampoo and condition but I know people who never use conditioners.  This might be a good idea for those who might want their hair a little bit softer but don't like conditioners.  (It also sounds like a good way to get people to buy conditioners who don't usually do so).  I'm wondering if this can be done with ANY shampoo and conditioner (reverse the process)....or is there something special about this new formula?  I LOVE Tressemme and use the one that has biotin and gelatin.  Nothing better out there for me!

Respected Contributor

No but I am thinking about it. I tried the other new treseme  shampoo witht the macadamia oil and avacado and like it a lot

Valued Contributor

Actually my hairdresser gave me this tip over 2 years ago since i have fine hair.  You can use any conditioner and shampoo!  You just condition first, mostly from the middle to the ends and then shampoo the entire head.  I don't do this all the time but when I do it works!  So just try it with what you already have at home!

Trusted Contributor

@virgosun wrote:

Actually my hairdresser gave me this tip over 2 years ago since i have fine hair.  You can use any conditioner and shampoo!  You just condition first, mostly from the middle to the ends and then shampoo the entire head.  I don't do this all the time but when I do it works!  So just try it with what you already have at home!

I read about this in a magazine many years ago but never tried it. I might have to give it a shot.

Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@virgosun wrote:

I read about this in a magazine many years ago but never tried it. I might have to give it a shot.

I tried it before  and did nothing for me

Respected Contributor

I finally tried  it and tossed it out. made my hair heavy and frizzy

Honored Contributor

I bought the Beautiful Volume mousse and I'd not buy it again.  I'll use it up because I refuse to toss it (LOL) but it doesn't have enough oomph for my fine, poker straight hair. 

Trusted Contributor

Does this version have the tart candy scent that's too strong like their others? I used to like this brand before it was sold in stores and they changed the scent to unbearable (for me).