Honored Contributor

Any one get their eyelashes dyed?

Does anyone get this done professionally?  If so, how do you like it?  Does it irritate your eyes?  How long does it last?  And is it expensive?

I rarely wear mascara any more for a number of reasons.  I was having eye issues - my eyes were dry, watery and itchy.  But they are mostly better now.  And now I have a hard time seeing to apply it correctly. Using a magnifier mirror is a pain. 

My eyelashes are very pale.  Would this big a good choice for me, do you think?  

I thought it might be nice to just have a little color to my lashes and not have to bother.

Thanks for your replies!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Any one get their eyelashes dyed?

AngelPuppy, it might be a good thing to try-but I would get it done at a salon and not try to do it yourself!

I am a Downton Abby fan, and somewhere I was reading about the clothes and makeup. The creator didn't want anything resembling modern makeup on the actresses, so the makeup artists had to be creative.  One of the techniques they used was dying the lashes....how long it lasts and what the dye is made from-especially the latter issue- is a really important question. Hopefully you'll get some better answers than what I'm saying.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

i used to have my lashed dyed at a salon many years ago and the color lasted a long time.  then done more recently and it barely lasted one week.

the lashes just get darker but not thicker

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

AngelPuppy, it might be a good thing to try-but I would get it done at a salon and not try to do it yourself!

I am a Downton Abby fan, and somewhere I was reading about the clothes and makeup. The creator didn't want anything resembling modern makeup on the actresses, so the makeup artists had to be creative.  One of the techniques they used was dying the lashes....how long it lasts and what the dye is made from-especially the latter issue- is a really important question. Hopefully you'll get some better answers than what I'm saying.

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

I would never attempt myself!  I would imagine that would look more natural.  That's kind of what I would like.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i used to have my lashed dyed at a salon many years ago and the color lasted a long time.  then done more recently and it barely lasted one week.

the lashes just get darker but not thicker

@CatsyCline

I don't think a week would be a good investment!  I wouldn't mind if they were just darker.  I will have to try and find more out.  Thanks!