Esteemed Contributor

Any Wen ladies own, use or have used the Perfector, need your opinions, please.

Chaz does not endorse any heating tools that style. That being said, I dry my hair under a hair dryer and the only single pass with a low setting Chi iron from Q.

I see that the lowest setting on the Perfector is in the 300 degree arena, that seems damaging does anyone have any opinions on the product.

I cannot blow dry my hair with a brush and hand dryer to save my life....

Looking for the Holy Grail.

Opinions - Please

Super Contributor

Re: Any Wen ladies own, use or have used the Perfector, need your opinions, please.

I have used the John Frieda Salon Shape Hot Air brush and LOVE it. I do not use it every time I cleanse my hair, only when I am in a big hurry to get my hair smooth and straight. It has a low heat, high heat, and cool setting. I use the high heat after getting my hair mostly dry with my hair dryer. The John Frieda product is not meant to dry your hair, it is meant to style your hair. I am going to buy a "back-up", I do not know what I would do without one of these always around for me to use!!

Tami

(I do use Wen, I have long, very thick hair at my back bra strap that is color-treated and according to my hairdresser is very healthy.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Wen ladies own, use or have used the Perfector, need your opinions, please.

What about a blow dryer? Does Chaz use blow dryers? I remember when he touted his cleanser took the place of all our styling products, and now he sells them all.plus some.
Respected Contributor

Any heat, including a hair dryer, will damage your hair! I don't care what he says but blow drying will damage it as well. Alternating the tools you use will help. I either blow dry for my styling or I will air dry and style with a low fat iron/Perfector. It depends on my time and mood!

Honored Contributor

I use WEN exclusively, but I can only do the round brush and blow dryer technique if I want my hair essentially straight with the ends turned under. If I want any kind of fullness or more curls, I'm stuck using hot rollers or the Perfecter. I can't remember the last time I used my flat iron. Before you use your Perfecter, be sure to use some Styling Creme before you leave the shower. So far, so good, for me.

Respected Contributor

I mainly use a hood dryer and sit and read just like I do it I go to the salon. I've been experimenting with using only the medium setting. I use the styling creme and put it up in rollers. Rarely, do I use a blow dryer and my curling iron probably once every 2-3 mos. I think Tigriss is right to say that you should switch it up. Maybe over the summer, wear a not so straight style. For sure, look for the lowest heat setting and don't use it very often.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/6/2014 Kjelle said: I mainly use a hood dryer and sit and read just like I do it I go to the salon. I've been experimenting with using only the medium setting. I use the styling creme and put it up in rollers. Rarely, do I use a blow dryer and my curling iron probably once every 2-3 mos. I think Tigriss is right to say that you should switch it up. Maybe over the summer, wear a not so straight style. For sure, look for the lowest heat setting and don't use it very often.

Kjelle,

That is exactly my method. I never dry more than 10 minutes at a time and actually move the dryer around so the air rotates. I only use high for 5 minutes and only 18 minutes to dry my hair. Then when I remove a roller I past the chi iron through my hair at 215 degrees just to make sure of dryness, no roller marks . My hair is never super straight it is not a look I embrace but style hold is a problem.

Maybe my question is confusing, the Perfector's lowest setting is at 325 degrees that is really hot for hair - has anyone had damage from this hair tool. Does the Pefector damage hair, I probably would only do one pass but looking for a better mousetrap and hair style.

Wish Chaz could comment on a tool like this.

Esteemed Contributor

The Callista lady always says that her hot tools are good for your hair on every single show that she is on. Q legal would not allow her to say that over and over or is that the same concept that nobody lies on the internet.

Frequent Contributor

Chaz says when you use the hair dryer you need to keep it moving. To not hold it on one spot. This will prevent burning the hair.
Super Contributor

I use WEN and I just recently received the Perfector. Before Perfector, I would blow my hair until almost dry and then would use Chaz's round brush to style my hair. Now I blow dry my hair and then run the Perfector through my hair curling the ends. I have not had any problems with it drying out or damaging my hair. I also use the Perfector to re-style my hair on the days I don't have to wash it.