Valued Contributor

Any GREAT nail treatment out there?

Hi Ladies,

I'm so rarely here anymore that first I want to say Hi! to all my Beauty friends.Woman Happy

Next, I have a question: Other than the pink stuff sold here (I've tried it already), is there a similar nail treatment on the market? Perhaps one that gives a nice, clean finish to the nails AND helps protect them? I generally have good, strong nails, with some occasional peelng. I like having something on my nails that looks natural, that I don't have to worry about chipping off and looking awful, AND that could potentially be GOOD for my nails. Anything out there that fits this bill? Drugstore or otherwise, I'd love to hear your recommendations!

TIASmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Any GREAT nail treatment out there?

Nailtiques Formula 2 is still the best!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Glmama, how about Revlon's Crazy Shine? Gives a nice natural high shine & oil nails at night, just a thought

Revlon Crazy Shine Nail Buffer

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tried just about everything, I get the best results with Sally Hansen Miracle Growth Treatment, gold bottle, gold top, use this as a base coat, use SH 4 in 1 nail treatment, pink color,  as top coat, My nails have never looked better.

Respected Contributor

My nails look their healthiest when I use oil on my nails. I use jojoba oil but other oils would probably be good too. I avoid nail products with harsh chemicals to keep my nails healthy.

Honored Contributor

Isomers Nail & Cuticle Renewal.  I definitely notice a difference when I slack off from using it.  It's a cream product.  If you want a natural looking nail, you can just buff your nail to a natural shine and apply this product to keep them conditioned.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with Reba ~ Nailtiques #2 is the only treatment that worked for me. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I have a unique problem that most nail companies do not address. I have very strong nails, but they peel. Two things that helped me greatly, TIPS nail conditioner and Nail-Aid.

The Tips made my nails look and feel healthy. The Nail-Aid really coats the nail and protects them.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I agree with Reba ~ Nailtiques #2 is the only treatment that worked for me. 

Nailtiques #2 did nothing for my nails, except get very thick in the bottle very quickly!!

Esteemed Contributor

I love the pink gel coat but I've also had good luck with the following:

Pro Strong Nail Strenghtener ( a clear liquid that absorbs in a second)

T.I.P.S-cuticle oil (you only use a drop on your cuticle but rub it into your nail-leaves the   nail looking "clean"

Perfect Forumula makes a clear gel and also an all in one formula Seal, coat & protect. ( or something like that)

I've tried all of them and still use them depending on what I've lined up for the week. I do prefer to do a full manicure but if time is short these are my fall backs.