Contributor

Anti Aging Products- holy grail

I am wondering what some of your favorite anti aging products are.  I have tried many brands-  but still am looking for some holy grail producyts.  I find many brands suggest several different products for layering and I understand that, but it sure gets expensive.  What are some of your holy grail products?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anti Aging Products- holy grail

A vitamin C product, a retinoid and sunscreen. I use other things too, but these have been my core products for many years.

Respected Contributor

For me, anything Skin Medica.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I am LOVING Paulas Choice brand. However, the holy grail of good skin, is  getting it clean and avoiding the bad stuff, like sunshine. I am 62 now, and have been a skincare junkie for prob 40 years . And I have great skin from great genes, thanks to my parents.. I use the Clarisonic once a day, the Luna, once a day and then I exfoliate 2x a week. I use PC's line for very dry /anti aging skin. I ALWAYS take off my make up every night. and wear sunscreen every day. And I do really like Peter Thomas Roths line and just got First Aid try me set yesterday and that is very nice. Buying a set of things, while pricey to begin with, is usually less expensive than one at a time. Also I check out ebay for samples of things I want to try. That way I don't throw alot of cash away if I don't like it. Sorry I didn't give you specific products; hard to do as all skin and concerns are different.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I learned many years ago from a dermatologist to stop layering products that make big claims and nothing more, and instead to use the only two clinically proven "anti-aging" products: sunscreen (every day, 365 days a year) and tretinoin (retin-A) every night. (Healthy diet and daily exercise are key, as well, of course.) My skin shows the terrific results of following this simple regime for 16+ years now and my wallet is very happy, as well!  No more wasted bucks!

Esteemed Contributor

All of my Paulas Choice products.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The most important anti aging ingredient is physical sunscreen! Various lotions and potions will only do so much, imho  spf is the key.

Trusted Contributor

Paula's Choice -- have been using them since 1995.  Love her BHA, retinols and serums.  Her gel cleanser is especially nice for my sensitive skin.

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by Dr, Debese skincare kube, It works for me. I have very fair, sensitive skin with a tone of allergies and issues. I'm in the 50++ range and holding. My skin does not do well with layering a lot of products on it. i also need a system that is somewhat budget friendly. I wait until they have the supersize or a TSV and then order.

My choices are: Hyrdroshield serum, Wrinkle Defense for face and neck and MD33 Eye.

Dream Cream is wonderfule if you want a multi task moisturizer and skin care in one product.

I'll alternate products depending on the season or if I'm outside a lot or wearing makeup or make up free. Finally after all the years of trying products and having reactions and wasting $$ I have found a system that works.      

Regular Contributor

I totally agree with sunscreen, retinoids and vitamin C as a basis for topical applications. Another topical that I LOVE and that I have seen positive results on my skin is the Strivectin SD Advance serum and cream. It has been the only products I have been using now for over four years. I am 63 and I actually see a difference in my skin!!