Not applicable

I read through a bunch of the other pump problem threads but I couldn't find anything that addressed my issue.

My pump works, err worked, but now it's not dispensing the right amount.

Here's what happened:

Initially I didn't have any issues getting the pump to open, or getting it to pump. I finished most of the first bottle, moved on to the second bottle. After I got the second bottle down about 1/4, I dumped the remainder of the first bottle in, all good.

I went on a trip and brought my Wen with me. I locked the pump, got to the hotel, unlocked it, and it continued to pump, no problem.

Locked the pump again for the trip home, got home, unlocked it, got one good pump out of it and now only tiny amounts of cc dribble out with each pump.

I took the pump out of the bottle, examined it, there don't appear to be any cracks or physical defects. I have no idea what could be causing the problem.

Anyone else have this issue?

Respected Contributor

Re: Another pump problem thread

Take the pump out of the bottle and use the heel of your hand to jam the long plastic tube up towards the black pump mechanism. If they come separated a little bit, air can get in and then it won't pump well, like a straw with a hole in it. That's my best guess.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

I gave up on the pumps. Once mine start acting up I just dump the product onto my palm and work it into my hair.

Trusted Contributor

I have noticed that with some of the thicker formulas, sometimes they just don't want to pump even though the bottle is fairly full. Usually, I knock the bottom of the bottle against my hand to sort of redistribute the product around the bottom of the bottle. I think yours probably shifted around in transit and maybe there is an air pocket in there or something.

Honored Contributor

When you first open WEN and insert the pump, the directions in the booklet say to open the bottle and let it sit out open to settle for 10 minutes before you add the pump. Cabin pressure on the plane may have caused air pressure in the bottle to change. I'd try leaving it open for 10 minutes, then reinserting the pump to see if that helps.

I just purchased the new WEN Texturizing Spray. The pump doesn't work. I was told that if I sent it back they would send me a new product. It would cost me more time and energy to send back the product. The only replacement pumps are for the 32 oz. bottles. I feel like I should have been offered money off if I kept the product and used a pump from a cheap hairspray product! This isn't the only WEN pump failure I have experienced. I am disappointed in the QVC customer service. 

Honored Contributor

It is very difficult to get some of those thick products out into your hand while standing in the shower wasting precious water.  I gave up on Philosophy totally until I bought a 64 oz bottle with a pump.  I used that for the next bottle of Fresh Cream.  The Wen I transfer to other bottles with a good pump using a funnel.  I also save every good pump I've ever received and try them on certain things.  Re-label things your have transferred into a different bottle, like right now my Purity is in a 6 oz. Wen bottle.  Hard to remember all these changes. 

Honored Contributor

@Larra wrote:

I just purchased the new WEN Texturizing Spray. The pump doesn't work. I was told that if I sent it back they would send me a new product. It would cost me more time and energy to send back the product. The only replacement pumps are for the 32 oz. bottles. I feel like I should have been offered money off if I kept the product and used a pump from a cheap hairspray product! This isn't the only WEN pump failure I have experienced. I am disappointed in the QVC customer service. 

Just go to chazdean. com  and email them telling them about your pump issue. I don't know if they have pumps laying around for the spray bottles but they mail out free CC pumps if you let them know. @Larra

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do they send you replacements?

I have eight  32 oz bottles in my shower, and 5 of them no longer work!    Seriously!!!

I'm wondering if I should find something else to wash my hair with!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Larra wrote:

I recently had issues with the pumps on my volumizing treatment spray. I took them off the bottles, soaked under really warm, almost hot water, pulled the straw part off the actual pump and ran the water through that too. Put it back together and then ran some hot water into a small cup and pumped it through the pumps. Good as new now.