Valued Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Secure vs other meal replacements

@Andreatoo wrote:

@BetsyDoodle
I agree with you on the taste; I found it to be just 'meh' but then I only tried the chocolate. I don't have the issues with the artificial sweeteners that you do so it served its purpose for me. It's pricey too. To be totally honest I learn a lot from Andrew and then take what I've learned from him and find comparable products for a lot less money.

@Andreatoo

I also learn a lot from Andrew and this is the only product that hasn't worked for me.  There is a health food store in my city that has been owned by the same family for 40+ years and they are all so knowledgeable.  I learn from Andrew and then usually buy from them. As a thank you to the community on the 1st Tuesday of the month everything you buy is 20% off, EVERYTHING not 20% off the total, each item, so I can save big on that day. They say they have been blessed and they want to give back. Needless to say, it is quite busy on that day!

Trusted Contributor

@BetsyDoodle @Andreatoo  Obviously, being sensitive to artificial sweeteners (or any other ingredient) trumps any other issues. Personally, I've tried very few similar products, but can't recall any that tasted any better "plain." I'm finding that I like the product mixed with milk, or used as a base for a smoothie, better than plain. It's low enough in calories that one can do that.

Honored Contributor

@juperier

It's definitely better with milk. I liked it with coffee too. I did not find it undrinkable just not as delicious as the presenters would have me believe.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I've tried many protein shakes and the best, by far are the Premier Protein shakes, IMO .... best prices at Costco and Walmart.  

Flavors are vanilla, chocolate,  strawberry,  caramel and  banana cream.   30 grams of protein, 160 calories and about 1 gram of sugar.   Great stats, IMO.

Premier Protein Chocolate High Protein Shakes, 11 fl oz, 4 count

Just wanted to say thanks to @Tinkrbl44for recommending these and I am trying these shakes and so far so good. I just bought the chocolate and saw that they have a banana flavored shake.  Banana is a flavor that can be good or it can go very wrong. Anyone tried the banana flavor??

Honored Contributor

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I've tried many protein shakes and the best, by far are the Premier Protein shakes, IMO .... best prices at Costco and Walmart.  

Flavors are vanilla, chocolate,  strawberry,  caramel and  banana cream.   30 grams of protein, 160 calories and about 1 gram of sugar.   Great stats, IMO.

Just wanted to say thanks to @Tinkrbl44for recommending these and I am trying these shakes and so far so good. I just bought the chocolate and saw that they have a banana flavored shake.  Banana is a flavor that can be good or it can go very wrong.  Anyone tried the banana flavor??

@BetsyDoodle

You're welcome Betsy  ....  and I can confirm that both the banana and the caramel flavors are really better than I expected ... and I would recommend them.   When it gets hot in the summer, I'm going to blend the banana with frozen bananas in the blender, just for the heck of it.   

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks to @Tinkrbl44for recommending these and I am trying these shakes and so far so good. I just bought the chocolate and saw that they have a banana flavored shake.  Banana is a flavor that can be good or it can go very wrong.  Anyone tried the banana flavor??

@BetsyDoodle

You're welcome Betsy  ....  and I can confirm that both the banana and the caramel flavors are really better than I expected ... and I would recommend them.   When it gets hot in the summer, I'm going to blend the banana with frozen bananas in the blender, just for the heck of it.   

That sounds good!  I'm also glad to hear that the banana and caramel are good also.  My WalMart had the chocolate, banana, caramel and vanilla.  I know now that I can be comfortable in switching up flavors. With some products they have 10 flavors but only 1 is actually good.