Esteemed Contributor

Amara Organics ??

[ Edited ]

While googling for something else, I found a website for Amara Organics skin care.  Now I'm interested because I found great reviews, mostly 5-star, on every product.  Free shipping after $25.  I'm thinking about ordering the 20% Vitamin C serum and/or the retinol cream.....maybe.  But first, I wonder if anyone here has used Amara Organics and what do you think?

Thanks

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

..... nobody ??? .....

Well, alrighty then.  I'll try Amara Organics and report back here later.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I was waiting to see if you got any responses too but I guess maybe you're our pioneer on this one! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have not, but I just had to chime in that Amara is my new granddaughter's name, she is 6 months old now!!!!!I will have to look at the site now for sure.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

..... nobody ??? .....

Well, alrighty then.  I'll try Amara Organics and report back here later.

@tototwo - any news to report?  What did you try?  What kind of results?  I'm looking at the moisturzer with peptides and reseveratrol.  It has great reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amara Organics ??

[ Edited ]

Hi @JeanLouiseFinch ~ I've come to looove the 20% Vitamin C serum and 2.5% Retinol Cream.  Use both every day and am now on auto-ship from Amara's website.  I have not tried the moisturizer you mentioned.  All their products have great reviews.

I'd used the same retinol cream and vitamin c serum for several years and thought my old complexion could use a change.  I have noticed a difference with the Amara.  My skin is much smoother and some spots are fading.  No miracles - I just think my skin was bored with the old stuff and is thriving with something new. 

I also got a jar of their mud mask.  Some ladies might like it - I'm not sure.  It's definitely "mud" !  It kind of burns when I first apply it.  It dries quickly and leaves my complexion tighter temporarily.  It might take years to finish the jar! 

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

You recommended the Amara retinol to me a while back @tototwo. Thought you had already tried it.Woman Happy Anyway, I did not get the Amara but I went with a .05% Retin-A instead. 

Are you using the Amara now?

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee - I've been using Amara retinol exclusively since mid-January.  Do you like your Retin A? 

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I've been using the RA for just a little over a month now with little problems with it. I went from using Paula's Choice 1% retinol to the RA so I think it was a logical step up for me. I'm still going slow on the frequency of RA....like twice weekly for now. I had slight peeling with no redness or itching during the first week of application and the peeling has subsided but has not completely vanished yet. I believe a 1% retinol is clinically equal to or approximately the same as a .025% RA. So it stands to reason why I'm peeling with the .05% RA. It simply takes time to adjust to higher strengths.

Are you liking the Amara retinol cream? What have you seen different in your skin?