Re: Alternative to WEN treatment oils

I like this idea.  Thank you!

Regular Contributor

I will check this out.  Thank you!

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the research you did on this.  Your analysis does indicate that

the WEN price is not out of line.  Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@Denise in PA wrote:

Thanks for the research you did on this.  Your analysis does indicate that

the WEN price is not out of line.  Thanks again!

Hi @Denise in PA, I've been using Wen product for 5-6 years now, but I only started using the Wen Treatment Oils a few months ago. Before then I had been making my own DIY mixtures using the general rule of: 

* maximum 5% total essential oils (e.g tea tree oil, lavender oil, etc.)

* 95% carrier oils (e.g. jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, etc.)

I generally used jojoba oil as my carrier oil because it is most similar to the body's own natural oil (i.e. sebum). -- When I started using the Wen Treatment Oils, what surprised me was how much more effective they were than were the DIY mixtures I had made. lol, that was a big surprise. 

I am just so impressed with how quickly the Wen Treatment Oils are absorbed by my skin. And from a treatment perspective, the Tea Tree / Eucalyptus oil has really helped reduce my facial acne, while the Pomegranate / Rosemary has really helped diminish my under eye circles. 

btw, do you use any other Wen products because sometimes you will get a better value on the Wen Treatment Oils when they are part of a Wen kit. Smiley Happy

Best of luck!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Hi bebe,

I have used WEN cleansers for years.  I moved a few months ago and I can not find any of my oils!  Replaing all of them at one time is just not in my budget at this time.  I know I had lavendar, ponegrante, sweet almond and tea tree.

I was looking for other options at this time.

Thanks for your input!

Honored Contributor

@Denise in PA wrote:

Hi bebe,

I have used WEN cleansers for years.  I moved a few months ago and I can not find any of my oils!  Replaing all of them at one time is just not in my budget at this time.  I know I had lavendar, ponegrante, sweet almond and tea tree.

I was looking for other options at this time.

Thanks for your input!

@Denise in PA, I'm so sorry to hear that your Wen oils have gone missing. That's such a shame. Smiley Sad

As I mentioned in my prior post you can make your own inexpensive DIY mixtures if you follow the general rule of: 

* maximum 5% total essential oils (e.g tea tree oil, lavender oil, etc.)

* 95% carrier oils (e.g. jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, etc.)

I generally used jojoba oil as my carrier oil because it is most similar to the body's own natural oil (i.e. sebum). -- Trader Joe's sells a 4oz bottle their private label jojoba oil for $8 (they use the Desert Essence brand and stick their own label on it). TJ also sells 1oz bottles of Australian Tea Tree oil for $7. 

The Vitamin Shoppe has sells blue dropper bottles for about $1.50-$2 each, so your could put the mixtures in these bottles. 

Best of luck!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy