Respected Contributor

Allure magazine bites the dust !!!

December will be the last print issue . Very sad , but not surprising , since Linda Wells left as editor  , it has been a disaster with terrible editors. It tried to be all so inclusive , and not in a good way. Jennifer Aniston will be the last cover girl. And in my opinion ,goes down in history as the worst cover ever , and i like her. I loved this magazine.  Anna  Wintor has ruined Vogue magazine ever since she put Kayne and Kim on the cover. Any thoughts ?

Respected Contributor

Re: Allure magazine bites the dust !!!

i dumped my Allure subscription soon after Linda Wells left. It was never the same after that. 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is so unfortunate but not unexpected! There was a time when it was my go-to for all things beauty. Just think, there will come a time when youth will ask, "what is a magazine"?😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I don't remember ever reading an issue, let alone buying one.  I recognize the name as I've seen some beauty products with their awards seal.  Not trying to be snarky, but it's not something that matters to me. 🤷‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

I used to read it and enjoy Allure as well as other magazines. 
  Lately most magazines are cutting corners and using such cheap paper that the color blurs and I don't like the clothing, models or furniture. 
  I cancelled my Better Homes and Gardens due to the paper quality and price.

I have many older issues of Victoria magazine I've saved 

and enjoy browsing the georgous pictures. (On quality paper! )

📖 📚 📰 💻

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch So what made you think "I want to open that thread about Allure magazine that I don't know about & have never read.".

Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa I have had a subscription since the beginning. The most recent issues have been so thin, but I only pay $5 for most of my magazine supscriptions so there are a few that I keep getting.

I will miss my Allure.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch So what made you think "I want to open that thread about Allure magazine that I don't know about & have never read.".

Why not?  It's a discussion board. If a new topic comes up I'll open once, to see what it's about, but more often if it's a topic that's of true interest or one that I'm actively participating in. 

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers 

I quit everything when the magazines became SO political; that wasn't why I had a prescription. 

I am done!

Respected Contributor

Magazines that I used to be interested in, became expensive. And began to embrace and showcase issues that are polar opposite to my beliefs, to the point of being repugnant. Buh bye 👋 

Harmonize the World