Honored Contributor

Allure Beauty Box becomes Allure Beauty Envelope

I guess I should appreciate the effort not to waste all that cardboard.  But this 7 x 9 bubble envelope contains only three products.  There is a sample Benefit Roller Lash, a .17 oz Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye, and, get this, an elf stipple brush.  What's that worth, a buck?  Disappointing.  I only get one other beauty subscription, and Walmart at 5.00 per box is beating Allure for value. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Allure Beauty Box becomes Allure Beauty Envelope

@depglass wrote:

I guess I should appreciate the effort not to waste all that cardboard.  But this 7 x 9 bubble envelope contains only three products.  There is a sample Benefit Roller Lash, a .17 oz Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye, and, get this, an elf stipple brush.  What's that worth, a buck?  Disappointing.  I only get one other beauty subscription, and Walmart at 5.00 per box is beating Allure for value. 

I use to get the Allure Beauty Box, Ipsy, Target, and Walmart boxes. I have cancelled them all. I got tired of paying for something, sight unseen, and not liking anything in it. I have also been burned too many time by "mystery gifts".I'm not buying them anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't buy them anymore either. I never ended up liking or using half the products. I look at it this way: I could spend $10 a month on a box, or $120 a year on products I really want.

Honored Contributor

@Dorothy11I'm with you -  I'll take my$10 to the drugstore where I can see what it will buy.  Some trips I'll spend less and some trips, I'll spend more, but I'm pretty sure overall I'll end up with products I might actually use!

Valued Contributor

I used to get birchbox, but I don't anymore.  The idea was great, and it was fun to open the box and see what surprises were in there.  I did find one or 2 things that I really liked and have bought full sizes of, but most things I never used and gave away.  Either colors that I would never wear (electric hot pink nail polish) or items I don't even want to try (new face washes for example, I have used purity for years after much trial and error and resulting breakouts).

If they come up with a box where you have a choice of some items and you can pick the ones you want, THAT I would do...  Kind of like the free sephora samples, but on a larger scale...

Frequent Contributor

The Target Beauty Box is usually $5 to $7 and has some great items. (see reviews at the mysubscriptionaddiction site). No subscription though. The site i mentioned emails you when it comes out and you better order quickly. Totally worth the effort. Play by Sephora is pretty nice too.

Honored Contributor

Hmmm . . . today I got the traditional red box with 7 more products in it.  So maybe the 3 in the envelope were spill over.  Or maybe a new month.  Whatever, I got some DHC cleansing oil that I will definitely use, a Mally liner, a Skinn lip gloss (Dimitri, please realize we don't all like RED) and some Trust Fund gold polish for this summer's pedicures.  Definitely worth the 15.00, even if the last batch wasn't.