Honored Contributor

Re: All Summer Long w/ No Self-Tanning

Haven't used it at all this year. I have a lot of skin problems and figured I'm not going to add to it! I am very fair, but that's just who I am! Would I like to have more color to my arms and legs? Sure.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

No self tanning for myself this year. It's freeing. Saves time too.

Valued Contributor

Although I have tried probably 5 different self-tanning products over the past few years, I have never found one that I like OR that I am willing to do on a consistent basis. The best I found for me are the Tan Towels on HSN. They provide the most natural color and are the laziest way for me to get some sort of color on on my fair skin. However, even that is too high maintenance for me on a regular basis. So, I just embrace my fairness and move forward!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 luvthatboxer said: In my opinion tanning makes you look older, even self tanner. The older you are the older it makes you look. Look at Paula Deen. I live in FL and we have lots of the older crowd tanning all year long. They look like alligator handbags. Don't do it.

I agree. And the tan's look fake as well. A little bit of healthy glow from working or playing outside is great, but most darker tans, real or applied look so aging and "fake" to me.

Super Contributor

I didn't self tan either! And I've barely gotten any sun because the weather hasn't cooperated with any of out door plans I'd usually have (canoeing - the river was too high, and vacation was cold almost every day so we only had 2 beach days). I'm pretty pale, but I think I prefer it to trying to keep up a self tan.

Super Contributor

No tanning clothes, self tanner, or tanning booths for me! I just wear ivory foundation and call it a day.