Valued Contributor

Re: Advice: best citrusy clean fragrances? Looking for lemony

@Dazlin, the reviews on HSN for that scent sound so wonderful, I purchased it.  Especially since not I don't often see so many reviews on HSN, so I know it must really be a hit.  Thanks so much for the suggestion, I look forward to trying this one.  I recently used a lime on a salad dish, & absolutely love the fresh scent of lime!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

I saw the word "clean" and thought you meant cleaning products.  I was going to suggest lemon Pine Sol, much easier to tolerate than regular Pine Sol.

Valued Contributor

LOL, @depglass!  Perhaps the more appropriate descriptive word they often use is "fresh" for scents.  Thanks for the chuckle!

I actually do have a lot of trouble with the smell of cleaning products, & plan to try the lemon Pine Sol.  I'm deathly allergic to bleach & for some odd reason, Dawn dishwashing detergent. So, thanks doubly for the suggestion!  Good instinct.  Why not, I'm buying just about everything that everyone is suggesting...at the very least, I'm hunting down sample sizes to try.  

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

@Serenity-Now wrote:

@Dazlin, the reviews on HSN for that scent sound so wonderful, I purchased it.  Especially since not I don't often see so many reviews on HSN, so I know it must really be a hit.  Thanks so much for the suggestion, I look forward to trying this one.  I recently used a lime on a salad dish, & absolutely love the fresh scent of lime!

Glad I could help...Hope you LOVE it!!Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:  What I've tried so far:

L'Occatane Verbena:  LOVE it!  But my husband said it made him suddenly hungry for seafood, due to that fresh lemony scent.  *sigh*  He always likes the ones I can't wear, & hates the ones I love & can wear without headaches.  Frustrating!

Nest Citrine:  LOVE it, right up there with #1, but has a tiny smidge of a headache-factor possibiity, but I've tried it for a couple days without any problems, so I'm hopeful.  It also has longer staying-power, which I need.  Fragrances tend to disappear on me very quickly, for some reason.

Pitbull:  After all the glowing reviews for this inexpensive scent, I was actually thinking it would end up being the best one out of the bunch, but alas, it has that 'headache-factor' for me.  That bit of musk in it just goes straight to my sinuses.  It is a pretty scent, just doesn't cooperate with my chemistry.

Gucci Bamboo:  sample from Sephora with an order; this was a lovely surprise, although I have a bit of a problem with the sandlewood.  Here is the description:

Notes:
Italian Bergamot, Casablanca Lily, Ylang Ylang, Comoros Sandalwood.
Style:
Stong. Elegant. Feminine.

--It does smell wonderful, I wish I could defnitely wear it without headaches being triggered, because I love it.

Today, I decided to do a little mix & match experimenting, & have added the L'Occitane Verbena over the Nest Citrine.  Heavenly, & since the Nest has much longer staying power on me, I'm solving that problem.  Now, I want to add more verbena/citrus fragrances to it, in the form of whipped body creams, lotions, etc. 

SerenityNow!
Respected Contributor

I'm waiting for the M.Asam and have some Jean Nate which is a great splash, esp. in July/August heat.

Honored Contributor

I love Eliz Arden Green Tea

Valued Contributor

@maestra, I'm waiting on my first bottle of M. Asam to arrive, too.  I'm excited to try that one.  I used to wear Jean Nate, that really brings back memories, when their cheerful little commercial jingle was on the tv. 

SerenityNow!
Respected Contributor

Great thread.  I may have to try some of the suggested fragrances when I have a chance.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting.  Read this from start to finish for ideas as well.  I also want to try the M. Asam original #1,  possibly the DKNY Woman Energizing, and definitely the Nest Citrine.  I was so pleasantly surprised by the Nest Paradise, which I resently tried and LOVE.  It has a lot of citrus in it, but is more complex.