Valued Contributor

Advice: best citrusy clean fragrances? Looking for lemony

Although I don't wnat to walk around smelling like a salad, I do love the fresh, invigorating scents of limes & lemons, cucumbers & other fresh scents.  They also tend to not give me a headache like other more heavy scents can do.  Does anyone have any to recommend?  Here are the ones I am currently using & like, but I keep trying to find that elusive perfect signature scent...

These aren't all citrusy, but fit into a fresh category I guess:

Relaxing Fragrance by Shisiedo, my absolute #1 fav scent of all time--discontinued, alas!

Happy by Clinique

Beach by Bobbi Brown

Almost Bare by Bobbi Brown

Pure Grace by philosophy 

Fresh  (never been a fan, seems too chemical on me)

I'd really love to find a fresh, citrusy scent that doesn't have that acidic, harsh note in it, that some of them can get.  I've been eyeing L'Occitane's Verbena, but I'm not sure if I should trust that one from the reviews I read.  Maybe it's time to hit the perfume samples on ebay again.  I'd love your helpful ideas on this type of scent, & which ones to try out?

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Advice: best citrusy clean fragrances? Looking for lemony

I see you already like Pure Grace.  That's one which would definitely be on my suggestion list for a clean smelling fragrance.  These days I am really loving Nest.  Ms. Slatkin has a new one called Citrine which may be exactly what you are looking for -- fruity and fresh.  I like her Verde which includes the crisp green notes of verbena and veviter.  You can find a Nest counter at the same department stores which carry Bobbi Brown.  

Valued Contributor

Good morning Serentiy Now ;

While I can not recommend a fragrance ( I like florals ) I like to go to the Luckyscents website when I am looking for a new scent . You can do an extensive search on notes and they have a great breakdown on what you  are looking for e:xFloral , Woodsy , Clean. The best part is you can try samples for about $4 . Another site I like is Inkling Scents they are oil fragrances and cruelty free -vegan . They also have samples and also givs detail about the notes . I have learned from experieince that what smelled great on my friend my not on me. have a great day good luck !

Respected Contributor

I love White Citrus by Bath and Body Works.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been on a fragrance kick lately and have been spending way too much time on the fragrance sites/blogs.  I just went to fragrantica.com and typed in citrus.  That will keep you busy!

Check out basenotes.net, too.  Incidentally, the citrus note in pure grace is bergamot.

ETA:

Say... I just found this feature on the Fragrantica site.  Check it out!  It will recommend citrusy (lots of lemon) scents for you.

http://www.fragrantica.com/notes/

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Have you tried WEN's 613?  It definitely has some citrus and lime in there.

Respected Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Have you tried WEN's 613?  It definitely has some citrus and lime in there.

I was looking for the same thing & I did order the 613. It sounded exactly like what I was looking for, but I didn't like it.

I ended up with Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. I'm going to check out all of the things you all recommeded for the OP, too.

Honored Contributor

I'm another big fan of fragrantica.com. You can search by notes or groups. You can also read reviews.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm another big fan of fragrantica.com. You can search by notes or groups. You can also read reviews.

One problem, though.  That site's addictive!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

One problem, though.  That site's addictive!

I was JUST going to say that!  LOL  You could spend a lot of time there.  The lemon group has tons of fragrances I've never heard of.  L'Occitane Lemon Verbena sounds yummy.