Honored Contributor

Re: Advice: best citrusy clean fragrances? Looking for lemony

@Susan25 wrote:

@Serenity-Now  I recommend that you try calyx.  It really isn't lemony but definitely a nice citrus, (grapefruit) scent.  

Love, love Calyx!!!

Respected Contributor

M.Asam original No 1  fragrance (in green bottle)  Large 3.4 oz..parfum...long lasting, very fresh first spritz of citrussy lime,invigorating,  then softens to mellow freshness.  Very reasonable on hsn.  This is one fragrance I have purchased several times. 

Valued Contributor

@Serenity-Now, if you're a bit concerned about trying the Verbena fragrance, why not try the hand wash first to see how you like it and/or ask for a sample of the fragrance if you're going to shop at the L'Occitane store.  It's a true lemon verbena fragrance, so a little goes a long way.  Also, Sephora sometimes carries try-me sizes, but I think that's mostly around the Christmas holiday season. 

Frequent Contributor

Nest Citrine.  It's an exclusive at Sephora.  Here's the description:

Notes: 
Lemon Blossom, Lotus Flower, Freesia, Dew Drop Accord, Precious Woods. 
Style: 
Bright. Refreshing. Sparkling.

Valued Contributor

@Brooklynny, great idea!  Wish I had read this earlier, because I had already purchased it & it was too late to cancel the order.  I'll remember to do that next time, though.  I am totally uncertain over whether this one will work for me or not, because half of the reviews say it is too strong, and half of the reviews (in all the places I read them) say it is fresh & light & lovely.  I decided to be optimistic...here's hoping!  Thank you for the tip, I do this @ The Fragrance Shop, before buying their large sized scents. 

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Valued Contributor

@Serenity-Now wrote:

@Brooklynny@, great idea!  Wish I had read this earlier, because I had already purchased it & it was too late to cancel the order.  I'll remember to do that next time, though.  I am totally uncertain over whether this one will work for me or not, because half of the reviews say it is too strong, and half of the reviews (in all the places I read them) say it is fresh & light & lovely.  I decided to be optimistic...here's hoping!  Thank you for the tip, I do this @ The Fragrance Shop, before buying their large sized scents. 

You're welcome, @Serenity-Now.  Fragrance is a very personal preference, so what I like might be horrible to someone else.  Funny but embarrassing story:  many years ago, sitting in a college classroom, I thought I smelled Raid.  I turned to a classmate sitting two rows back and asked if she smelled it.  She said it's me...I'm wearing Lily of the Valley.  Oops!  I never made that mistake again.  Her favorite fragrance smelled like insecticide to me!  

I love getting samples of good fragrances.  Some are not so good for me, but others are luscious.  When Chanel introduced Coco some twenty-something years ago, I had gone to a department store to replenish my Chanel No. 5.  The rep asked me if I would like a sample of the new Coco, and I said sure.  I tried it and never went back to No. 5.  I absolutely love it.  I do wear Amazing Grace almost every day now, but a small bottle of Coco always sits on my dresser.  

This thread reminds me to stop into L'Occitane to get myself some Verbena for the summer!

Valued Contributor

@Brooklynny, I hear ya...I have my own cringe-worthy memories of making faux paux with fragrances.  Usually wearing them too strongly while a teen, which most of us probably do.  I've learned to make sure I put any scents on my skin, which can be washed off, & not my clothing.  One time I was in school & kids made remarks alllll day long, but since it was a body spritz/spray, I had spritzed it on my clothing.  Big mistake!  Never did that again.

I've never tried Coco, but I used to use Chanel #5, too.  I always liked it but it would give me a headache.  Most scents do, & I'm really frustrated because the scents my husband prefers on me all give me headaches so bad, there is no way I can possibly wear them.  The ones that I love & that don't give me headaches, he hates.  So, I keep trying!  I never get into department stores to get samples there, so I tend to buy them off the net...but I always wondering if I'm getting a legitimate sample to try.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Valued Contributor

@Serenity-Now, finding the right fragrance can be challenging sometimes.  I'm lucky to live in NYC so I can get to department stores anytime.  I'd be a little leery of online samples, too, in terms of authenticity.  I'm sure you probably know that eau de toilette is the lightest form of a fragrance, so that's a good route to take also.  Good luck in your quest!

Respected Contributor

I like a citrusy fragrance for summer too and fell in love with DKNY Woman Energizing Fragrance. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you for that suggestion, @Texasmouse - I hadn't heard of that one yet, but I'm on my way to look it up Smiley Happy

SerenityNow!