Respected Contributor

My face is clear most of the month, but a week or so before my period, I get many pimples on my face.  Anyone has/had the same problem?  And what products do you use to make it better?  Thanks in advance!!

Respected Contributor

I love Sal3 for a cleansing bar.  It is great and cheap ($6.99) found at Amazon.  If you need a moisturizer, the sulfur butter is great too.  Believe it or not you can put this butter on your face and it just soaks in and is NOT oily.  You can buy the combo soap and butter for $11.99 (I think) at Amazon. I love these two products.

Esteemed Contributor

Johnson & Johnson Clean & Clear ointment and the deep pore brush on the sonic care. I've had nieces that have had good luck with Pro Active.  

Esteemed Contributor

Serious skin care's glycolic cleanser really helped with my periodic breakouts-  plus their dry lo. They're on hsn.

Trusted Contributor

This may be hard to believe, but I use warm salt water to wash my face each day.  It seems to work quite well for me, but I am 60 years old.  Even so, I believe it is worth a try.Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Interesting. I have never heard of Sal3 before.  But will deinitely check it out.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all your responses.  You ladies are the best.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Acne, help!

[ Edited ]

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Thanks for all your responses.  You ladies are the best.

Serious skin care also has a continously clear line that's specifically for breakouts- you may see that on hsn's site as well. It gets great reviews!  Dry lo is the only item I used in this line regularly, though.

Respected Contributor

Re: Acne, help!

[ Edited ]

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Interesting. I have never heard of Sal3 before.  But will deinitely check it out.

Go check it out and be sure to read the reviews.  Awesome stuff!

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007

My cystic acne would not clear up until I started applying castor oil to the specific area. 

Lin my case, I believe staph is the culprit and the oil keeps the area so dry that the staph refuse to live there! HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~