Esteemed Contributor

Re: A question for nail polish lovers/experts

On 5/27/2014 Debbie1426 said:
On 5/27/2014 Nadjalu said: Hmmm, I have never had this issue and use opi, sally Hansen and nails inc. I use Revlon gel top coat. Could that be your issue?
I am not sure but I guess I should try different top coats. I have just been so pleased with the Seche - super quick dry and so shiny- that I have not used any others.

I've been using Seche Vite topcoat for a long time, and I've never had that problem.

(I really love it too!)

Kiss

Honored Contributor

I've never had this happen to me and I wear Essie and OPI colors and my manicure lasts a good 8 days. My go-to is Essie Sugar Daddy.

I wear Orly Bonder as my base coat and Seche Vite as my top coat (you will have to pry the Seche Vite out of my cold dead hands!).

I wonder if it has to do with what you wash your face with? Maybe something in the cleanser is causing a chemical change of some sort.

<----not a scientist ;o)

I wear rubber gloves for everything but water aerobics and washing my face. I do water aerobics 3x a week and it doesn't change the color.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

On 5/27/2014 mandymom said: You need to use a UV protectant topcoat..Sally Hansen has one, I believe. Your manicurist can probably help you out.
Thank you ladies! I will definitely take a look at a UV protectant. I have been my own manicurist since my teensSmiley Wink)