Respected Contributor

A primer that doesn't lay on top of your skin....

I'm looking for a new primer. I'm currently using bareminerals but it is like a slick that just sits on top of my skin. This is ok for powder. But as you may know from my previous thread I'm looking to use liquid foundation more often. So I need a different kind of primer. Something that preps the skin but absorbs more than something that just lays on the surface. Otherwise, you're really just mixing together liquid foundation and primer right on your face. So please share some suggestions for a great primer. I tried the IT cosmetics primer and it was awful for me.
Honored Contributor

Re: A primer that doesn't lay on top of your skin....

I like and use Laura Geller's Spackle. It dries in quickly before I put on my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

I like Smashbox Primer, the one with I think it is Dermaxyl. Smashbox has several different ones but I can't live without the Dermaxyl one!! Of course it is the "more" expensive one but sometimes Sephora has the Travel Size to try it out. Sorry QVC doesn't carry Smashbox any more/

Frequent Contributor

Just wrote I like Smashbox for Primer BUT I have been wanting to try the Laura Geller Spackle.

Honored Contributor

@Rachb

The only primer I have ever been able to use (tried two and one of them was Bare Minerals) is 100% Pure Illuminizing primer.  HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I'm looking for a new primer. I'm currently using bareminerals but it is like a slick that just sits on top of my skin. This is ok for powder. But as you may know from my previous thread I'm looking to use liquid foundation more often. So I need a different kind of primer. Something that preps the skin but absorbs more than something that just lays on the surface. Otherwise, you're really just mixing together liquid foundation and primer right on your face. So please share some suggestions for a great primer. I tried the IT cosmetics primer and it was awful for me.

@Rachb! This is a different kind of primer. Something that preps the skin but absorbs more than something that just lays on the surface. And it does NOT mix with your foundation. I find even Spackle being too heavy in comparison with this one.

ISOMERS High Definition Makeup Primer 1.86 oz - 300-318

300-318- ISOMERS High Definition Makeup Primer 1.86 oz

ISOMERS High Definition Makeup Primer 1.86 oz ☆☆☆☆☆

BENEFITS:

• New technology for skin perfection.
  • Blends with the skin's natural pigments to build, amplify, and modify the color of the skin.
  • Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, superficial ruddiness and pores for a flawless skin.
  • Illuminates / brightens the skin.
  • Decreases the appearance of pores.
  • Decreases the appearance of wrinkles.
  • Provides color correction and neutralization of uneven skin tone.
  • Increases overall skin luminosity.

HOW TO USE:
For complexion perfection, apply 1-2 pumps of High Definition Primer to clean or moisturized skin, using fingertips. Follow with your favorite foundation (optional).

Made in Canada.

Honored Contributor

I'll assume that you're not speaking of just those available on QVC.

I've tried many primers .... and my very favorite, by far,  is Boots No7 Intense Advanced Primer.    It's about $30 and sells at Target and Ulta .... and probably other places.    

This primer has a soft velvety feel and absorbs quickly.  It's just wonderful!

FYI .....   Boots No 7 is a British cosmetic line ...  and I think their primer is one of the "stars" of their  product line.

Honored Contributor

@RachbUnless it's serum I don't think you want any cosmetic (primer) absorbed into your skin. You want a dry, smooth surface upon which to lay your foundation that will keep your foundation in place (and/or your blush/contour/ etc.)

Esteemed Contributor

Excuse me, but I thought that any primer was supposed to lay on the top of your skin and not soak in. A primer is supposed to be a barrier between your skin and your foundation, isn't it? To me, a primer smooths my complexion and camouflages pores. I always allow my primer to dry/set for 5 minutes or more before I apply a foundation over it. I'm curious why anyone would want a primer that "sinks in."
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:
Excuse me, but I thought that any primer was supposed to lay on the top of your skin and not soak in. A primer is supposed to be a barrier between your skin and your foundation, isn't it? To me, a primer smooths my complexion and camouflages pores. I always allow my primer to dry/set for 5 minutes or more before I apply a foundation over it. I'm curious why anyone would want a primer that "sinks in."

That's what I thought. I don't like primers since they tend to break me out.