Super Contributor

A nice compliment yesterday - after my Merle Norman visit

So Saturday I decided to visit my local Merle Norman store to see what they had to offer since I needed foundation and used to use and love their makeup. I purchased a bottle of their Perfecting Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 25 in Alabaster and love it!  Yesterday, I was checking out of Ulta when a woman walked up and asked me what foundation I was wearing. When I told her Merle Norman she was shocked. Even the sales clerk said how pretty my skin looked. I was happy! I'll go back and forth between it and what I have left of my IT CC to decide which will be my go-to foundation.  

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

Re: A nice compliment yesterday - after my Merle Norman visit

@MercysMom wrote:

So Saturday I decided to visit my local Merle Norman store to see what they had to offer since I needed foundation and used to use and love their makeup. I purchased a bottle of their Perfecting Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 25 in Alabaster and love it!  Yesterday, I was checking out of Ulta when a woman walked up and asked me what foundation I was wearing. When I told her Merle Norman she was shocked. Even the sales clerk said how pretty my skin looked. I was happy! I'll go back and forth between it and what I have left of my IT CC to decide which will be my go-to foundation.  

I remember loving Merle Norman. Unfortunately I do not have one close by, I think the closest is 35 or 40 miles away, but I remember loving their lipsticks.....I think it is odd that you can't order from them online.....

Super Contributor

I also have to drive about 30 minutes away to buy Merle Norman.......I too wish we could buy it on-line.....and when I do make that trip, I buy multiples of my foundation, etc...I've tried other brands, but for me, nothing compares to Merle Norman.....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MercysMom

Do you think the Perfecting Makeup Broad Spectrum is suitable for oily skin?  I'm at a place where if it is too dewy, my skin gets oily.  If it is too matte, my skin flakes in certain areas.

The nearest one to me is 30 miles away, so any input would be appreciated.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

@pommom

Hi Pommom,

Yes, I think it would work. I get oily on my forehead, nose and chin, but dry on my upper cheeks. Honestly, I do not find this foundation dewey or matte. It's just good coverage. I am following with my Bye Bye Pores presssed powder from IT and was shine free yesterday. Never did touch up. And, a little goes a long way with coverage. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Respected Contributor

@MercysMom

Thanks so much for your very descriptive info.  I'm going to take the plunge and go for it.  Smiley Wink

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown