Valued Contributor

A Test To Check Your Lip Products and Makeup For Lead

[ Edited ]

I have a small trash can filled after doing this.Omg i cringe to think of all the lead i have been eating.I even tested my Too Faced shadow primer and it was black!My Bite lip glosses,laura Mercier and Lancome gloss were fine to..Thats it...Even my 100% pure lip pencils turned black..My Doll10 set of 4 lipsticks filled with lead.I had heard of lead in stuff but thought i guess what i used was safe..lol..NOT!.Even my Estee Lauder double Wear foundation and It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness turned black....What the heck am i gonna use under my eyes now??...sigh...Put whatever you are gonna test on tinfoil rub it for 10 seconds with toilet paper/kleenex and if it has black its postive for lead.Off to go ck out Suzanne Somers stuff.

This gal shows how to test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l53I4B4xE-0

Skinn lip 6x balm was fine and the regular 6 x..

Trusted Contributor

Re: A Test To Check Your Lip Products and Makeup For Lead

Did you do any research on this "test"? it's been debunked by many reputable sites. 

The black marks are form the aluminum in the foil - no lead.

Trusted Contributor

Did you do any research on this "test"? it's been debunked by many reputable sites. 

The black marks are from the aluminum in the foil - not lead.

Valued Contributor

Obviously i didnt or i would have brought that up..I tend to believe that it is lead.If it were the foil everything i tested i would think would turn black..You believe what you want.Its in there best interest to debunk this because they are gonna loose alot of money if people quit buying or they are gonna have to go lead free and that might be costly to.

Valued Contributor

My Lucys Mineral powder turned black but my Bare Minerals did not thank god!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

According to the FDA, there's such a small amount of lead in lip products that it doesn't present a risk.  As for other cosmetics, the FDA regulates how much lead can be allowed in the color additives and limits it to no more than 20 parts per million. 

FDA Findings on Lead in Lipstick

FDA Article on Lead in Cosmetics

FDA Regulation on Lead in Cosmetic Color Additives

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks lolakimono but i know all about snopes and dont believe a thing they say.I realize most will choose to not believe that there stuff is filled with lead however if even this helps a few other people then great.I believe the stuff i tested has lead in it and there is nothing that will change my mind.

Jean i dont believe a thing the FDA says and never have.They are not to be trusted at all.

Honored Contributor

Midnight...I appreciate you posting this. Thank you for taking the time to empower us.  Of course certain manufactures would rather we don't have this information and will denigrate efforts to expose this information.  How did the Suzanne Sommers test?

Respected Contributor

@Midnight11 wrote:

Thanks lolakimono but i know all about snopes and dont believe a thing they say.I realize most will choose to not believe that there stuff is filled with lead however if even this helps a few other people then great.I believe the stuff i tested has lead in it and there is nothing that will change my mind.

Jean i dont believe a thing the FDA says and never have.They are not to be trusted at all.

Right, because there is a vast conspiracy that includes the FDA, cosmetic companies, cosmetic manufacturers, and now Snopes to poison all women of America.  

@JeanLouiseFinch and @lolakimono, thanks for the attempt at reasonable information.